I'm glad they got back to the classic format.

#1LanLan12345Posted 10/8/2012 6:45:41 AM
As in, Turn Based. Now, the Real Time thing in Super Paper Mario is good, but I prefer Turn Based combat. Can't wait for this.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 2795-6769-8619
#2StephenYap3Posted 10/8/2012 7:46:30 AM
Agreed.
---
Spam Musubi = Super Mushroom :D
#3wiiking96Posted 10/8/2012 8:36:07 AM
So, to you, just having turn based battles means it's the classic format? I mean, it's certainly closer to it than SPM was, but it changed almost the whole battle system.
---
Official "Quote" of the SSB4 board. http://i.imgur.com/tSh2y.jpg
People who like Cave Story: 20
#4Giles_GlicerPosted 10/8/2012 11:02:28 AM
The battle system with stickers will be great. The main problem here is the lack of a sidestory for each chapter. They are the real differencial in PM series.
#5NextGen_TBPosted 10/8/2012 12:10:14 PM
wiiking96 posted...
So, to you, just having turn based battles means it's the classic format? I mean, it's certainly closer to it than SPM was, but it changed almost the whole battle system.

That. It's quite a ways away from the "classic" format.
---
It's better than logic, it's Nintendo Logic!
"....I completely, utterly, most profusely DESPISE Lucas... Lucas will NEVER be cool." - silversunsspu
#6LanLan12345(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 12:39:46 PM
NextGen_TB posted...
wiiking96 posted...

Okay, explain how it isn't "CLASSIC" format, if it was in the first one. Turn Based, I mean. Don't the first game(s) usually define "CLASSIC"?
---
#7wiiking96Posted 10/8/2012 12:48:05 PM
LanLan12345 posted...
NextGen_TB posted...
wiiking96 posted...

Okay, explain how it isn't "CLASSIC" format, if it was in the first one. Turn Based, I mean. Don't the first game(s) usually define "CLASSIC"?

Let's see:
- Only one party member
- No FP or SP attacks
- No stylish commands
- No experience
---
Official "Quote" of the SSB4 board. http://i.imgur.com/tSh2y.jpg
People who like Cave Story: 20
#8LanLan12345(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 12:57:22 PM
wiiking96 posted...
LanLan12345 posted...
NextGen_TB posted...
wiiking96 posted...

Let's see:
- Only one party member
- No FP or SP attacks
- No stylish commands
- No experience

Oh. Well, it's still Turn Based, that's mostly all I care about. I read about it a bit on Wikipedia, and it's okay even though none of those things are there. I'll still get it once it comes out.
---
#9mastertinglePosted 10/8/2012 9:06:28 PM
I don't know, I kind of liked the real time battle system..Yes,I have played all the paper marios.
---
"That's damn good!"-Solid Snake
Does it really matter if i have a sig?
#10ApolloJusticeAAPosted 10/8/2012 9:30:42 PM
wiiking96 posted...
LanLan12345 posted...
NextGen_TB posted...
wiiking96 posted...

Let's see:
- Only one party member
- No FP or SP attacks
- No stylish commands
- No experience

- Has nothing to do with the actual basis of combat
- This is true but we dont know what the sticker stars do yet
- You can still do the stylish moves and such with timing so no
- replaced by growth through side quests so technically you get experience just not direct exp
---
Alt to Millamac: The Official Apollo Justice of all boards