Just wow. What a let down.

#1tw1g_007Posted 11/6/2012 1:28:51 PM
Are you effin kidding me? So just like Heroes of Ruins flopped.... it seems like Paper Mario will follow the same path to obscurity! Watching the xplain review had me shaking my head massively. Killing enemies is supposed to have some sort of accomplishment so let me try to understand this:

1) Killing NORMAL enemy mobs is completely unnecessary provided you have overpowered stickers for the main boss.

2) You can run away the entire game provided you have optimal stickers. The enemies disappear so its almost like you won the battle without doing anything (lol).

3) Someone tell me the point of killing enemy mobs again? Super rare stickers? Seriously? Pretty sure you can find these stickers loitering around the worlds you go through.

4) The game provides no sense of direction. Puzzles can be infuriating to solve with no clues whatsoever. Nice.

I guess not having a leveling system (EXP and all that jazz) in place really does hurt the core fundamentals revolving around the battle system. This is really the point of playing RPGs you know? Nintendo just can't seem to get anything right.

Purchasing this game is next to impossible now. Rental? Yes. "Possible" rental and that is not even a guaranteed objective.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#2quietisgoodPosted 11/6/2012 1:31:28 PM
ok.
---
Hypothetically, if the only choice you've got is to do the wrong thing, then it's not really the wrong thing, it's more like fate.
#3ApolloJusticeAAPosted 11/6/2012 1:33:48 PM
Though I fully disagree with what you are saying I will defend to the death your right to say it
---
Alt to Millamac: The Official Apollo Justice of all boards
#4AhnoldDoodPosted 11/6/2012 1:34:11 PM
Hey look, another person taking the (currently) only negative opinion and treating it like its the only one that matters.

Surely, these points won't be subjective to other people!
#5shinie_aPosted 11/6/2012 1:41:06 PM(edited)
Look at the bright side twig, you can trade in your copy of this game towards the purchase of MH3U
---
"I refuse to do anything manually, I need Capcom to baby me with these tiny ass red cross hairs wahh wahhh."-Doktoroktopus
#6FullMetalBoxPosted 11/6/2012 1:42:57 PM
You could just avoid using overpowered stickers for a challenge.
#7tw1g_007(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 1:47:11 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
Hey look, another person taking the (currently) only negative opinion and treating it like its the only one that matters.

Surely, these points won't be subjective to other people!

I fail to see how I can atleast have fun with the game. I play RPGs for certain feelings of accomplishments and that pertains mostly to the battle system. Battle system aside, what else does this version of Paper Mario have to offer? The story is apparently forgettable and none-existent. The puzzles can be really obscure. I don't even think it has very much replay value to begin with since its roughly 20-25hrs anyway.

Whatever. I'd purchase when its much cheaper and well under 20 bucks if anything.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#8nuclearpizzaPosted 11/6/2012 1:49:47 PM
Or....maybe....just maybe, you can judge it on your own and not listen to what others say.

Just a thought.
---
All about me:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQd7_HqR900
GT: Rainingoblivion
#9tw1g_007(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 1:51:59 PM(edited)
shinie_a posted...
Look at the bright side twig, you can trade in your copy of this game towards the purchase of MH3U

3U is so far away though and I am really starved for new RPGs on the 3DS. This year has been a complete bust and I had high expectations for PM. Just like Heroes of Ruins I was let down... again! LOL. Well the good news is I still have a lot of my DS backlog to tie me down until next year.

nuclearpizza posted...
Or....maybe....just maybe, you can judge it on your own and not listen to what others say.

Just a thought.

I did say I would probably rent it but that is still not a given. GameXplain's review pretty much confirmed everything I needed to know. If the battle system is that unrewarding then it will be difficult for me to see the point in playing the game for extended periods.
---
#10SkrallRampagerPosted 11/6/2012 1:50:39 PM
The xplain review is one review.

Read the others and you will see that a lot of those points are flat out incorrect.

Just saying..... It's one review.
---
Wii Code: 1735-0238-9281-5861
Console Nickname: Ralph444