Just wow. What a let down.

#11AhnoldDoodPosted 11/6/2012 1:50:49 PM
tw1g_007 posted...
I fail to see how I can atleast have fun with the game.

Maybe because you're only just following some guy you don't even know's opinion? Did you outright try the game yourself? No, because all your points are from what some OTHER guy said.

Ever think that the experience can be diffferent, if you do things differently?

what else does this version of Paper Mario have to offer?

Collectables, non-linear traveling and all around fun?

I don't even think it has very much replay value to begin with since its roughly 20-25hrs anyway.

I don't think you know what replay value is if you think the length of the game somehow determines that.
#12wiiking96Posted 11/6/2012 1:54:32 PM
SkrallRampager posted...
Read the others and you will see that a lot of those points are flat out incorrect.

A lot of reviewers are biased in favor of Mario, for one reason or another. I'm not sure that all of them would be trustworthy. The fact that GameXplain gave it a 2/5 is shocking and intriguing. Certainly he wouldn't give it such a rating if he didn't think it deserved it.
---
Quote and Curly Brace for Super Smash Bros 4!
Appeasing an unlimited amount of chocolate . . .
#13AhnoldDoodPosted 11/6/2012 1:55:31 PM
wiiking96 posted...
SkrallRampager posted...
Read the others and you will see that a lot of those points are flat out incorrect.

A lot of reviewers are biased in favor of Mario, for one reason or another. I'm not sure that all of them would be trustworthy. The fact that GameXplain gave it a 2/5 is shocking and intriguing. Certainly he wouldn't give it such a rating if he didn't think it deserved it.

So just a heads up:

Positive reviews: Biased crap.

Negative reviews: Somehow have some merit.

Do you even know who GameXplain is?
#14yoshiyo187Posted 11/6/2012 1:59:55 PM
Hey some of us saw it coming TC
We could have prevented this
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1Oom5r-cWY
#15SkrallRampagerPosted 11/6/2012 2:04:15 PM
It's true some reviewers may have a bias towards Mario games in general.
But that works both ways. Some hate Mario "spinoffs" that are not platformers.

1 review vs 8 other reviews? I'm going with the majority, sorry. It's just the smart thing to do money wise.

Regardless, it's a better idea to not let one review sway your judgement too much either way. Especially not this early. There are still a ton of reviews that need to be published.
---
Wii Code: 1735-0238-9281-5861
Console Nickname: Ralph444
#16PT_PiranhaPosted 11/6/2012 2:14:01 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
wiiking96 posted...
SkrallRampager posted...

So just a heads up:

Do you even know who GameXplain is?

I think he only means that in the context of generally-loved games like Mario. Not that I'm saying what I think on the matter.
---
Barkswantsapiratehat.
#17VampiricDragon_Posted 11/6/2012 2:20:16 PM
what bad troling
#18klecserPosted 11/6/2012 2:56:32 PM
VampiricDragon_ posted...
what bad troling

Agreed. I mean, if you're gonna troll, put some effort into it...
#19wiiking96Posted 11/6/2012 2:59:22 PM
VampiricDragon_ posted...
what bad troling

So being critical of things you see equals trolling? Internet boards aren't made just for praising games, people. You haven't even bothered to explain how we are trolling.
---
Quote and Curly Brace for Super Smash Bros 4!
Appeasing an unlimited amount of chocolate . . .
#20duderdude3Posted 11/6/2012 3:00:01 PM
"So just a heads up:

Do you even know who GameXplain is?"

If you look at gamexplain's past reviews, you'll see he's a huge nintendo fan. He even used to work there. With that said it is silly to say something's biased just for being positive