Just wow. What a let down.

#21tw1g_007(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 4:03:24 PM
wiiking96 posted...
VampiricDragon_ posted...
what bad troling

So being critical of things you see equals trolling? Internet boards aren't made just for praising games, people. You haven't even bothered to explain how we are trolling.

Yea welcome to GameFAQs pretty much. Since I am clearly stating facts they don't agree with equates to trolling.

PM:SS is really just for the casual audience at this point. If people are looking to just have fun with barely any challenge besides bosses then this game is really right up their alley.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#22john_freeman69Posted 11/6/2012 4:03:49 PM
tw1g_007 posted...
Are you effin kidding me? So just like Heroes of Ruins flopped.... it seems like Paper Mario will follow the same path to obscurity! Watching the xplain review had me shaking my head massively. Killing enemies is supposed to have some sort of accomplishment so let me try to understand this:

1) Killing NORMAL enemy mobs is completely unnecessary provided you have overpowered stickers for the main boss.

2) You can run away the entire game provided you have optimal stickers. The enemies disappear so its almost like you won the battle without doing anything (lol).

3) Someone tell me the point of killing enemy mobs again? Super rare stickers? Seriously? Pretty sure you can find these stickers loitering around the worlds you go through.

4) The game provides no sense of direction. Puzzles can be infuriating to solve with no clues whatsoever. Nice.

I guess not having a leveling system (EXP and all that jazz) in place really does hurt the core fundamentals revolving around the battle system. This is really the point of playing RPGs you know? Nintendo just can't seem to get anything right.

Purchasing this game is next to impossible now. Rental? Yes. "Possible" rental and that is not even a guaranteed objective.

4 seems like a good point to me.

The rest make me concerned.
---
EVERYONE WATCH My Little Pony IT'S THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!!
#23red_bachettaPosted 11/6/2012 4:15:21 PM
"Read the others and you will see that a lot of those points are flat out incorrect."

I thought a lot of the reviews brought up many of the same points?
#24SpunkySixPosted 11/6/2012 4:24:46 PM
red_bachetta posted...
"Read the others and you will see that a lot of those points are flat out incorrect."

I thought a lot of the reviews brought up many of the same points?

They did, but the numbers attached to them are higher, which makes them not problems apparently.
---
Tissues to the extreme!
And also zap to the extreme.
#25Lupin the 4thPosted 11/6/2012 4:26:31 PM
tw1g_007 posted...
wiiking96 posted...
VampiricDragon_ posted...
what bad troling

So being critical of things you see equals trolling? Internet boards aren't made just for praising games, people. You haven't even bothered to explain how we are trolling.

Yea welcome to GameFAQs pretty much. Since I am clearly stating facts they don't agree with equates to trolling.

PM:SS is really just for the casual audience at this point. If people are looking to just have fun with barely any challenge besides bosses then this game is really right up their alley.

You're stating opinion, not facts. Learn the difference. Hell, it's not even your own opinion. You're just parroting what some random reviewer said without EVER playing it yourself. You may not be a troll, but your opinion on a game you haven't even played is utterly invalid. It's like saying a movie sucks because you heard a stranger walking out of the theater say so, but never saw it yourself.
---
The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again! Ha Ha Ha!)
-Lupin III: Stealing jewels and schooling fools since 1967-
#26ningunPosted 11/6/2012 4:32:25 PM
If you like turn based RPG combat that should be reason enough to fight enemies.
If you don't, and find battles worthless now that there is no experience point leveling, rejoice! You can skip them!
#27ShinobishyguyPosted 11/6/2012 4:36:15 PM
welcome of gamefaqs;
where the only credible reviews are the ones that slam the game
#28arc7798Posted 11/6/2012 4:38:48 PM
Don't feed the trolls.
#29Flintlock_StaffPosted 11/6/2012 4:40:45 PM
arc7798 posted...
Don't feed the trolls.

They have to eat sometime :\
---
Midnight Knights Leader
Gotta Stay Upbeat Upbeat Upbeat! Or You'll Be Dead Meat Dead Meat Dead Meat! FC 2878-9612-1964 (1)
#30john_freeman69Posted 11/6/2012 5:25:12 PM
In all seriousness though, this game does concern me. Not trolling, I am asking you guys, would It be wise to find a copy of TTYD and play that again instead of playing this?
---
EVERYONE WATCH My Little Pony IT'S THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!!