Just wow. What a let down.

#31nintend0Fan46Posted 11/6/2012 4:34:41 PM
Look at the points again.

Those points aren't just opinions. They have some facts behind them.

You can run away from regular enemies and get off without losing anything.

You don't get anything of value for killing regular enemies.

The only point that might not have merit would be the no sense of direction. Most of that comes because the reviewers don't have game guides to look through if they get stuck.

And you shrills forcing your opinion of the game (which is a hell of a lot less valid than reviewers) down our throats just makes you sound like hypocrites.
---
FGoAT Abbreviated: OoT, LttP, MM, EB, TF2, DE:HR, SSBB, SMG2, CoH, KNiD, SMW2:YI, P2, MK:DD, PW:AA, SC:CT, BK, L4D2, MP5, KI:U, MPT, 007:EoN, SC2, PM:TTYD...
#32EmoglobinPosted 11/6/2012 4:37:00 PM
nintend0Fan46 posted...

The only point that might not have merit would be the no sense of direction. Most of that comes because the reviewers don't have game guides to look through if they get stuck.

And you shrills forcing your opinion of the game (which is a hell of a lot less valid than reviewers) down our throats just makes you sound like hypocrites.

The running away being a get our of combat free card thing was more or less present in all the other ones too. You lost like five coins in a game where coins weren't even all that important.
---
"There's no point having the biggest and most explosive gun operated by someone who can only use a slingshot. That's what the Vita is"
#33nintend0Fan46Posted 11/6/2012 4:39:39 PM
Emoglobin posted...
nintend0Fan46 posted...

The running away being a get our of combat free card thing was more or less present in all the other ones too. You lost like five coins in a game where coins weren't even all that important.

But there was incentive to battle in the first 2. If you have nothing to gain, then you have nothing to lose.
---
FGoAT Abbreviated: OoT, LttP, MM, EB, TF2, DE:HR, SSBB, SMG2, CoH, KNiD, SMW2:YI, P2, MK:DD, PW:AA, SC:CT, BK, L4D2, MP5, KI:U, MPT, 007:EoN, SC2, PM:TTYD...
#34Capitan_KidPosted 11/6/2012 4:43:44 PM
john_freeman69 posted...
In all seriousness though, this game does concern me. Not trolling, I am asking you guys, would It be wise to find a copy of TTYD and play that again instead of playing this?

Definitely
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#35john_freeman69Posted 11/6/2012 4:45:02 PM
Capitan_Kid posted...
john_freeman69 posted...
In all seriousness though, this game does concern me. Not trolling, I am asking you guys, would It be wise to find a copy of TTYD and play that again instead of playing this?

Definitely

Cool.

Now to find some place that sells old gamecube games.
---
EVERYONE WATCH My Little Pony IT'S THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!!
#36co1onelPosted 11/6/2012 4:45:31 PM
No more disappointing than your videos.
#37Fargo22Posted 11/6/2012 4:48:17 PM
I agree with TC about the battle system. It is, from what has been said so far, relatively flawed. What other RPGs have battle systems with no reward, other than some item you can attack with? Where is the experience? The partners? The strategy?

I swear, I was looking forward to this game, but now I don't know... It does seem like a more casual entry to the series, sadly.

I heard the story is bare bones. The sticker system is imbalanced and overly simplistic. Even the bosses, which are some of my favorite moments in RPGs, follow a guess-and-check method with a specific sticker! With that sticker the bosses are too easy; without it, they are too difficult.

There is truly no fun in running in an RPG. In fact, I don't allow myself to run unless it is part of the game script. But, with no serious reward for battles, I find myself wondering, what IS the point of fighting?

Compared to the first two Paper Mario games, and even SPM to a lesser degree, this game is not even close to the pedigree that Paper Mario fans have come to expect from this franchise.

What a let down...
---
GAMER 4 LIFE :P
#38tw1g_007(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 5:24:07 PM
Fargo22 posted...
I agree with TC about the battle system. It is, from what has been said so far, relatively flawed. What other RPGs have battle systems with no reward, other than some item you can attack with? Where is the experience? The partners? The strategy?

I swear, I was looking forward to this game, but now I don't know... It does seem like a more casual entry to the series, sadly.

I heard the story is bare bones. The sticker system is imbalanced and overly simplistic. Even the bosses, which are some of my favorite moments in RPGs, follow a guess-and-check method with a specific sticker! With that sticker the bosses are too easy; without it, they are too difficult.

There is truly no fun in running in an RPG. In fact, I don't allow myself to run unless it is part of the game script. But, with no serious reward for battles, I find myself wondering, what IS the point of fighting?

Compared to the first two Paper Mario games, and even SPM to a lesser degree, this game is not even close to the pedigree that Paper Mario fans have come to expect from this franchise.

What a let down...

You basically summed up my feelings quite extensively. This is exactly what I am talking about to a tee. Be warned though, the Mario fanboys are out to get you and call you a troll irrespective of the facts at hand.

I also love how people are saying that "oh, but you are going off a person's opinion rather than play it yourself". How is a game mechanic an opinion to begin with? Hilarious.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#39tw1g_007(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 5:37:43 PM
Maybe less known sources speak more of the truth after all. Credit to john freeman69 for most of the links below:

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/comments/former-ign-employee-admits-review-scores-are-skewed-due-to-public-relations

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Eurogamer-Writer-Loses-Job-Pointing-Out-How-Much-Video-Game-Journalism-Fails-48600.html

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2007/11/30/gamespot-fire-gerstmann-for-honesty/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/10/25/video-game-journalist-robert-florence-leaves-eurogamer-after-libel-complaints/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/10/26/all-the-pretty-doritos-how-video-game-journalism-went-off-the-rails/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/03/21/gaming-the-system-how-a-gaming-journalist-lost-his-job-over-a-negative-review/

http://botherer.org/2012/10/24/games-journalists-and-the-perception-of-corruption/

Yea. At the end of the day I suggest you guys at the very least rent the game out. I on the otherhand will most likely pass on this title completely given the flawed and unrewarding battle system.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#40Chaosmaster00Posted 11/6/2012 5:40:26 PM
I agree with OP and the views he and others have similarly expressed about the flaws in the game mechanics and about how this is likely to be an unfortunately more "casual" Mario RPG game...

...but I'm still gonna buy it and see for myself. Call me a troll all you want, but there, in black and white, I say I am still going to give it a chance at redemption of opinion until I can factually state I will not like this game. I have my pre-order since a year and a half ago, and I'll be damned to think I wasted all this time for nothing until I can see that for myself.
---
Ar Rappy of the PS0 board | Rappy Souls: 1054 | 3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269
Sage of The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave board ( http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg )