after hearing all of the reviews, are you still going to get this game?

#11DragonwarriordudePosted 11/6/2012 10:01:15 PM
Yes
---
Sig.
#12DMZappPosted 11/6/2012 10:01:39 PM
...no. No.

I trusted reviewers and internet players alike when it came to that abomination, Mario Party 9 (released earlier this year, which I am pessimistic to believe is not a coincidence- 2 massively restructured, underthought sequels to Mario spin-offs in one year). I grew to loathe it, and it infuriated me for that game to even be SITTING with my other games. I only got half my money back for the refund. I'm never buying a massively changed sequel in the same spin-off series from Nintendo ever again. I don't want to get burned again.

Now, if you guys want to buy Paper Mario: Sticker Star, then go right ahead. But be careful what you wish for, because one day, you might. just. GET IT.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 0905 2290 4576
Nothin' much, just cookin'.
#13Ame_no_MurakumoPosted 11/6/2012 10:10:17 PM
I don't know. I wanted to get it, but I'm just not convinced.
---
Playing: Pokemon White Version 2 | http://backloggery.com/Saziel
3DS FC: 5456-0205-3948 | Pokemon White 2 FC - 5458-7362-1484 | PSN: Sazaiel
#14FlyinTonitePosted 11/6/2012 10:15:03 PM
DMZapp posted...
...no. No.

I trusted reviewers and internet players alike when it came to that abomination, Mario Party 9 (released earlier this year, which I am pessimistic to believe is not a coincidence- 2 massively restructured, underthought sequels to Mario spin-offs in one year). I grew to loathe it, and it infuriated me for that game to even be SITTING with my other games. I only got half my money back for the refund. I'm never buying a massively changed sequel in the same spin-off series from Nintendo ever again. I don't want to get burned again.

Now, if you guys want to buy Paper Mario: Sticker Star, then go right ahead. But be careful what you wish for, because one day, you might. just. GET IT.

Looks like I found the missing clown from the butthurt circus
---
My karma was 777 on April 3rd, 2012
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#15SeaArrKingPosted 11/6/2012 10:21:21 PM
This game looks to be a breath of fresh air, and even though I really enjoyed the mechanics of the previous Paper Mario games I'm excited to give these new mechanics a try. The sticker system sounded weird at first, but I've changed my mind and I think it'll be highly challenging and enjoyable to plan out my moves in battle according to which stickers I have in my notebook. Besides, Paper Mario games are always pleasing to the eyes and this one looks to be the most aesthetically pleasing game in the series yet. That paper craft look is nice.
---
If only I could be so grossly incandescent.
Friend Code: 0989-2264-8970
#16Knux19Posted 11/6/2012 10:28:40 PM
I'm gonna trust in the people who brought us Fire Emblem, Advance Wars and three other fun games involving a paper plumber's perilous pilgrimage.
---
Pants are not a "group activity"
#17DMZappPosted 11/6/2012 10:39:13 PM
FlyinTonite posted...
DMZapp posted...
...no. No.

Looks like I found the missing clown from the butthurt circus

Why, thank you. :) I also do standup at the BAWL-in Wall and ride a unicycle atop a moving Troll Train.

...but seriously, based on prior experience with prior Mario spin-off reboots this year and the info I've seen for myself, I have no faith in this game. But if you really think it's going to be fun, then be the guinea pig. I'm not in any hurry to get this game. And I'm not gonna stop any potential customers. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be off to...do...something BYE.
(runs away like mad as far as possible from ensuing disappointment)
---
Pokemon Black FC: 0905 2290 4576
Nothin' much, just cookin'.
#18gzr9kPosted 11/6/2012 11:55:58 PM
Wasn't going to get it before the reviews came out. The reviews just confirmed my doubt.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice - Bill Cosby
#19PalkiaGaines777Posted 11/7/2012 12:01:44 AM
You're dang right I'm getting this. Paper Mario is my favorite series of all time, and the fact that Intelligent Systems is attempting to innovate is exciting to me. Do I hope that we eventually get a new Paper Mario in the same vein of 64 and TTYD? Yeah, for sure. But there's NOTHING wrong with innovation if done properly. No game is perfect, and I'll pass judgment once I beat it.
---
Street Fighter X Tekken Team: Juri/Hwoarang PSN: MilesTheWolfman
#20WitchBaby4200Posted 11/7/2012 12:05:11 AM
Absolutely. It's Paper Mario. I've been waiting for this game almost as long as AC, and bad reviews aren't going to sway me from getting the game. Once we get it we can then see for ourselves how awesome or awful it really is.
---
She was walking on a stage after the play was over. Who now could say it had ever happened.