Urgh initial reviews are confirming my worries for this game (being dumbed down)

#11SilluigiPosted 11/7/2012 11:45:33 AM
Reviews say you get way more stickers than you'll even need to use.

I don't find that very challenging at all.
#12ApolloJusticeAAPosted 11/7/2012 11:50:03 AM
You get way more stickers than you need yet reviewers who graded it low complained that they felt like they had to horde stickers maybe the point of so many stickers were to encourage having fun battling not to say here are a lot of stickers you wont need because your hording mentality makes you think every sticker is your preciiiiooouuusssss. My opinion of course
---
Alt to Millamac: The Official Apollo Justice of all boards
#13LightHawKnightPosted 11/7/2012 11:51:04 AM
Well, already knew I would be disappointed with SS from the moment I heard there were no levels. Still getting the game, but it shall never ever be as good as the first two. Guess I have to wait till the Wii U version to see if the series is still worth following.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#14Second_ChancesPosted 11/7/2012 11:53:25 AM
All I see from the reviews is

This is different and this is pretty cool/not cool/whatever

And all I see in your post is

WAAAAH THEY CHANGED IT
#15wiiking96Posted 11/7/2012 11:55:41 AM
SeamusOHassey posted...
Oh boohoo, it's not a PM or TTYD rehash. So what?

So having 80% of the core mechanics back = Rehash? No one is asking for a rehash anyway, but a true sequel like TTYD was.
---
Quote and Curly Brace for Super Smash Bros 4!
Appeasing an unlimited amount of chocolate . . .
#16Marsford(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 11:58:38 AM
Second_Chances posted...

WAAAAH THEY CHANGED IT

I would explain, but if you don't get it in the first place, then why bother.
---
Official Marsford of the NDF
People should really learn the difference between a troll and an idiot.
#17SilluigiPosted 11/7/2012 11:59:43 AM
SeamusOHassey posted...
Oh boohoo, it's not a PM or TTYD rehash. So what?

So having 80% of the core mechanics back = Rehash? No one is asking for a rehash anyway, but a true sequel like TTYD was.

Exactly. No one calls TTYD a rehashed game, so why would this game be a rehash for keeping it's core elements guys?
I mean, APPARENTLY they had ideas for partners AND stickers if those old beta pics are any indication.

I could see if this game had Rougeport, the same partners, a slighty different story and maybe 5-10 badges added. THAT would be a rehash.
#18Marsford(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 11:59:59 AM
LightHawKnight posted...
Well, already knew I would be disappointed with SS from the moment I heard there were no levels. Still getting the game, but it shall never ever be as good as the first two. Guess I have to wait till the Wii U version to see if the series is still worth following.

Bleh, it still could have been deep battle-wise without levels. But then no partners...no badges...lol...all went downhill.
---
Official Marsford of the NDF
People should really learn the difference between a troll and an idiot.
#19LightHawKnightPosted 11/7/2012 12:05:48 PM
Marsford posted...
LightHawKnight posted...

Bleh, it still could have been deep battle-wise without levels. But then no partners...no badges...lol...all went downhill.

Sorry, no. No levels, means almost no joy in the game for me. I love leveling up. That is the reason why I even play RPGs.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#20Second_ChancesPosted 11/7/2012 12:06:21 PM
Marsford posted...
Second_Chances posted...

WAAAAH THEY CHANGED IT

I would explain, but if you don't get it in the first place, then why bother.

Please, all I see is a different game. I don't see how they dumbed down anything when so much is different.

That's like saying an apple is a dumbed down orange.