Urgh initial reviews are confirming my worries for this game (being dumbed down)

#31SkrallRampagerPosted 11/7/2012 1:37:56 PM
How is it dumbed down?

Several reviews say it holds your hand less AND the combat requires more thought.
---
Wii Code: 1735-0238-9281-5861
Console Nickname: Ralph444
#32TheLetterGuyPosted 11/7/2012 1:54:33 PM
Because before you had attack/defend/item/appeal/special attacks you would build up by meter/partner attacks and them using items/run

This game has.....attack
#33fissionprimerPosted 11/7/2012 1:54:51 PM
SkrallRampager posted...
How is it dumbed down?

Several reviews say it holds your hand less AND the combat requires more thought.

and some others said that the combat is so simple and easy "it's fight or run" and stickers get hard to manage after a while. Oh and some reviews said that Bosses are easy as long as you have your overpowered stickers, so that depends on you.
---
obvious sticky (;
#34SMASHKING84Posted 11/7/2012 1:56:19 PM
SkrallRampager posted...
How is it dumbed down?

the first thing isn't always a good thing there's a difference between no hand holding and having absolutely no idea were to go.
no it doesn't resource mangement is all that different from manging your flower points.

but hey i could totally play pm/pmttyd and only increase my hp,never use my attacks that use fp and only use items and that would be a deeper staregy.

Pm/ttyd:defend,swap characters,attack with hammer,attack with boots,stylish comands,use star power,appeal,charge power(with charge equiped),run
pmss:attack,use a sticker,use battle spinner,run
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
unless i state otherwise everything i say is MY oppinon.
#35AKC12Posted 11/7/2012 2:07:22 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
SkrallRampager posted...
How is it dumbed down?

Pm/ttyd:defend,swap characters,attack with hammer,attack with boots,stylish comands,use star power,appeal,charge power(with charge equiped),run
pmss:attack,use a sticker,use battle spinner,run

Why is it that anyone who brings up this argument fail to understand that there are many stickers (120+ might I add) that can be used not to just attack, but to heal yourself, dodge enemy attacks, do special attacks. That's as far as I know, there could be more.
---
What kind of world to we live in. Where love is divided by hate. Losing control of our feelings. We all must be dreaming this life away in a world so cold.
#36SMASHKING84Posted 11/7/2012 2:13:55 PM
you could use items to do those things in past pm games as well as badges and partner moves(happy heart,hp drain,ms mowz all could heal hp,fp drain,happy flower healed fp)
even if you take out badges and partners you still had items that could do those things.

pm/pmttyd had consumables AND perment items this game everything you get is consumable
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
unless i state otherwise everything i say is MY oppinon.
#37-Hydreigon-Posted 11/7/2012 2:33:44 PM
To be honest, stickers let you do everything badgrs could. You can charge with a sticker, inflict sleep, throw your hammer, etc.
---
Vyro of http://www.eShopGamers.com/
~I review crap~
#38StephenYap3Posted 11/7/2012 2:44:47 PM
Marsford posted...
Am I the only one who liked TTYD and PM64 mainly for the battle system and customization elements?

I liked PM64 for everything while I liked TTYD for its graphics and improvements over the original.
---
Spam Musubi = Super Mushroom :D
#39FFMaster1212Posted 11/7/2012 3:13:01 PM
Why not put it on it's own pedestal instead of putting it on that of another, because when you do compare games you can't hold a candle to an original. For example, Legend of Zelda Wind Waker was actually a good game... However people bashed it because it wasn't better than Ocarina of Time. Same thing is happening here. Why not base it on its own merit and stop comparing it to Paper Mario 64. When you get down to it, Sticker Star could be better however nobody wants to give it a chance cause of some preconceived ideals that make no sense whatsoever. So instead of complaining about past games Play this one before you start complaining about it. Another thing Not everybody shares the same Ideas, I personally hate warfare games whereas my friends love them.
---
accf 1721-5215-5431 name:Aaron town:homely
#40LUlGIPosted 11/7/2012 3:17:36 PM
However people bashed it because it wasn't better than Ocarina of Time.

Wrong