Urgh initial reviews are confirming my worries for this game (being dumbed down)

#41ApolloJusticeAAPosted 11/7/2012 4:17:40 PM
FFMaster1212 posted...
Why not put it on it's own pedestal instead of putting it on that of another, because when you do compare games you can't hold a candle to an original. For example, Legend of Zelda Wind Waker was actually a good game... However people bashed it because it wasn't better than Ocarina of Time. Same thing is happening here. Why not base it on its own merit and stop comparing it to Paper Mario 64. When you get down to it, Sticker Star could be better however nobody wants to give it a chance cause of some preconceived ideals that make no sense whatsoever. So instead of complaining about past games Play this one before you start complaining about it. Another thing Not everybody shares the same Ideas, I personally hate warfare games whereas my friends love them.

Exactly there is merit to this game but so far everyone has bashed it based on not being paper mario 64. I cant say it will be great or better than the first 3 but I reserve final judgment until I actually play it
---
Alt to Millamac: The Official Apollo Justice of all boards
#42wiiking96Posted 11/7/2012 4:22:54 PM(edited)
-Hydreigon- posted...
To be honest, stickers let you do everything badgrs could. You can charge with a sticker, inflict sleep, throw your hammer, etc.

You forget that badges were equipped outside battle, managed by badge points, added permanent effects on Mario and his partners in battle, and some also did things in the field.

Stickers are comparable to basic items, not badges.
---
Quote and Curly Brace for Super Smash Bros 4!
Appeasing an unlimited amount of chocolate . . .
#43wiiking96Posted 11/7/2012 4:22:20 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#44SMASHKING84Posted 11/7/2012 4:26:48 PM
LUlGI posted...
However people bashed it because it wasn't better than Ocarina of Time.

Wrong

some people might argue that they like mm better but really it's not a fair comparsion either way you side as the games play completly different.

but i will say this:oot is considered better because of:mm's save function,the three day cycle,or the length.
if mm let you save anytime and was longer i don't think anyone would claim oot is better but claiming that mm is better is ignoring the fact it literally removed elements oot had,imo.

but oot isn't my favorite zelda either so don't take offense to that
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
unless i state otherwise everything i say is MY oppinon.
#45SMASHKING84Posted 11/7/2012 4:27:24 PM
wiiking96 posted...
-Hydreigon- posted...
To be honest, stickers let you do everything badgrs could. You can charge with a sticker, inflict sleep, throw your hammer, etc.

You forget that badges were equipped outside battle, managed by badge points, added permanent effects on Mario and his partners in battle, and some also did things in the field.

Stickers are comparable to basic items, not badges.

---
#46FFMaster1212Posted 11/7/2012 6:04:15 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
LUlGI posted...

Wrong

some people might argue that they like mm better but really it's not a fair comparsion either way you side as the games play completly different.

but i will say this:oot is considered better because of:mm's save function,the three day cycle,or the length.
if mm let you save anytime and was longer i don't think anyone would claim oot is better but claiming that mm is better is ignoring the fact it literally removed elements oot had,imo.

if you going to quote me get me right I said WIND WAKER not MAJORA'S MASK
---
accf 1721-5215-5431 name:Aaron town:homely
#47LUlGIPosted 11/7/2012 6:05:56 PM
For the record, I knew you said WW.
I was wondering why he was talking about MM too.
#48SMASHKING84Posted 11/7/2012 6:08:29 PM
FFMaster1212 posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
LUlGI posted...

Wrong

if you going to quote me get me right I said WIND WAKER not MAJORA'S MASK

i'm not sure if you mean me.
but i was assuming you meant mm as the other people in the thread were.
it's better you don't hear my thoughts on wind waker as i'm prone to rant about it.
---
#49tilaroxsPosted 11/7/2012 6:18:28 PM
ApolloJusticeAA posted...
FFMaster1212 posted...
Why not put it on it's own pedestal instead of putting it on that of another, because when you do compare games you can't hold a candle to an original. For example, Legend of Zelda Wind Waker was actually a good game... However people bashed it because it wasn't better than Ocarina of Time. Same thing is happening here. Why not base it on its own merit and stop comparing it to Paper Mario 64. When you get down to it, Sticker Star could be better however nobody wants to give it a chance cause of some preconceived ideals that make no sense whatsoever. So instead of complaining about past games Play this one before you start complaining about it. Another thing Not everybody shares the same Ideas, I personally hate warfare games whereas my friends love them.

Exactly there is merit to this game but so far everyone has bashed it based on not being paper mario 64. I cant say it will be great or better than the first 3 but I reserve final judgment until I actually play it

It's not because it's not a PM64 clone that we are "bashing" it. It's the fact that the changes made to the game just aren't good.
#50McmadnessV3Posted 11/7/2012 6:28:06 PM
"You forget that badges were equipped outside battle, managed by badge points, added permanent effects on Mario and his partners in battle, and some also did things in the field."

You forget that stickers are picked up outside battle, managed by your sticker album space, add effects on Mario during battle and do things in the field.

Stickers are comparable to items and badges.

PS: Comparable means they share a lot of noticeable similarities, not exactly the same as each other.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.