Urgh initial reviews are confirming my worries for this game (being dumbed down)

#61McmadnessV3Posted 11/8/2012 1:27:06 PM
"Very very different than being equipped. Heck, pretty much every thing like that is picked up outside battle, it's not special."

Not really considering you can choose to hold onto it or not, its really not that different.

"Not in the same way at all. All the stickers are the same shapes, and you just pick them up as you go. TTYD lets you get an infinite amount of badges."

Thats a load of BS stickers vary in size so they take up more or less room and you'll get more room as you progress to hold more, just like how you would get more badge points.

"This is what items did in the first two Paper Marios, like Power Punch or Boo's Sheet. Badges are managed OUTSIDE battle and let you plan how future battles are played out, and they aren't consumable. Very very different."

Stickers are also managed outside battle, you keep the ones you want and throw away the ones you don't its customizing what ones you want to prepare for battles

"Stickers act as solutions to puzzles, Badges affect Mario's behavior in the field. Totally different."

Yeah they did things like............. yeah, no they really didn't do anything outside of battle. At most there was first attack and bump attack and the spinning thing from the first Paper Mario.

And no stickers do not just attack, there are defensive ones, and support ones.

There are differences but the fact remains they have more similarities then differences.

Henceforth, they are comparable.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
#62Chaosmaster00Posted 11/8/2012 2:55:30 PM
wiiking96 posted...
Not in the same way at all. All the stickers are the same shapes, and you just pick them up as you go. TTYD lets you get an infinite amount of badges.

Wrong. You could only hold 200 total individual badges, and the badge shop only kept 3 of any individual badge in stock. Only the Parlor badges could be bought infinitely (and only about half the badges could be dropped from enemies or stolen), and only Money Money was really worth anything worthwhile, unless you did a Danger Mario build, which was broken as ****...
---
Ar Rappy of the PS0 board | Rappy Souls: 1054 | 3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269
Sage of The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave board ( http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg )
#63DougyBPosted 11/8/2012 3:43:02 PM
I'm way too lazy to read all of this, aside from a few keywords I see pop out.

In terms of badges vs stickers... It bothered me at first until I came to the realization that they are just disposable badges. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

Honestly the worst offense is lack of companion characters.
---
b