Thoughts: they create a new Mario rpg series based around turn based strategy

#1McmadnessV3Posted 11/8/2012 8:47:25 AM
You know, like final fantasy tactics or fire emblem or whatever your favourite turn based strategy rpg game is.

I thin it would be a cool idea, it would give plenty of ways to use old Mario characters in new different ways. And you could make your party up of various types of Mario characters, from major people like Mario, Bowser, Luigi, Peach, etc etc, to small things like goombas, koopas, toads, shyguys etc etc
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
#2Giles_GlicerPosted 11/8/2012 8:54:09 AM
I love strategy-RPG. I almost forgot how I played so many hours of Ogre Battle 64 and Final Fantasy Tactics.
#3Crazy_tank51Posted 11/8/2012 8:57:19 AM
There's no need, they could just as easily put out another Advance Wars. Still might be interesting...
---
You can solve all problems by bombing them rapidly.
"You will not enjoy that shrimp with sauce while I'm around!"-Drake & Josh
#4ApolloJusticeAAPosted 11/8/2012 9:07:41 AM
it sounds like a nice concept and knowing mario it would have a unique twist to it, but that isnt really my cup of tea FF tactics and fire emblem werent really my games. I would have to see how it played out before i bought it. still a nice idea though
---
Alt to Millamac: The Official Apollo Justice of all boards
#5JiriliciousPosted 11/8/2012 10:03:06 AM
Would be awesome imo
---
http://oi55.tinypic.com/v5hf8i.jpg
I do this music for me. If you was true as me then this for you, but I do it for me.
#6Sephiroth C RyuPosted 11/8/2012 10:09:16 AM
Would not only be awesome, but would be workable. Naturally, Mario, Luigi, Bowser, and other characters like that would be the "hero units." However, the mario-verse is actually quite filled with a lot of different iconic minor characters and enemies which could serve welll as standard units.

About the hardest part would be to come up with enough different units for the "mushroom kingdom" side to keep it in line with the variety available for other places (in particular, Bowser, with his rather impressively varied range of forces). Unless you go the Paper Mario route and basically make most of the races neutral overall (i.e. allow goombas, koopas, etc to be used by more then one side).
---
I am the Hunter of Topics. My post never fails to kill its prey.
*pounces* Nyaa!
#7MarsfordPosted 11/8/2012 10:19:42 AM
If they somehow combine a simple but deep Paper Mario SRPG AND give it levels of exploration and difficulty...

10/10 right there.

Of course, it'll never happen.
---
Official Marsford of the NDF
People should really learn the difference between a troll and an idiot.
#8Chaosmaster00Posted 11/8/2012 10:51:11 AM
SMT: Devil Survivor series hit right at home for me.

If they can replicate a similarly styled game with the true-blue Mario RPG humor... Insta-preorder.
---
Ar Rappy of the PS0 board | Rappy Souls: 1054 | 3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269
Sage of The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave board ( http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg )
#9Sephiroth C RyuPosted 11/8/2012 3:54:15 PM
The ideal style for such a game might be, at its core, a slightly more serious version of Disgaea.
---
I am the Hunter of Topics. My post never fails to kill its prey.
*pounces* Nyaa!
#10DougyBPosted 11/8/2012 3:58:39 PM
The shape of Mario RPG's landscapes already look like an SRPG. Seems it would work well.
---
b