Paper Mario on the Wii U

#1papermariofan69Posted 11/8/2012 9:35:46 AM
What are your expectations if Nintendo & Intelligent System make the next PM game on the Wii U? Who would you want the main villain to be, what will the storyline be, and what will be collecting this time around? (eg. PM 1 Star Spirits, PM 2, Crystal Stars, PM3 Pure Hearts, PM4 Royal Stickers)
#2FelixTrapperPosted 11/8/2012 9:44:56 AM
Following the latest trends

I would expect it to be a 2.5D platformer with a few NPCs that can talk to you
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/GDKT0486
#3LUlGIPosted 11/8/2012 9:46:41 AM

...This

Can I get a new M&L game instead?
#4DougyBPosted 11/8/2012 10:59:15 AM
OR Paper Mario Party.
---
b
#5papermariofan69(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 11:08:29 AM
LUlGI posted...

...This

Can I get a new M&L game instead?

Yes I'd love to have a new M&L game on the 3DS as well! I loved BiS so much. I'm keeping my hopes up for the 4th one next year.
#6OlliBeanPosted 11/8/2012 11:56:06 AM
I don't mind as much that sticker star is a slight let down, as its on handheld..
But on a console.. In hd.. They had better not mess It up!

I want original environments, new species, plot twists, partners, new main villian, humerous dialogue and plenty of side quests...

..not too much to ask is it? lol
#7yoshiyo187Posted 11/8/2012 12:06:39 PM
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/205/5/e/paper_mario_wii_u_screenshot_by_preetard-d58hezx.png
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1Oom5r-cWY
#8McmadnessV3Posted 11/8/2012 12:43:55 PM
You know, I'm almost certain that alot of changes they made in this game (though not all of them) were made because it was on a portable system, specifically for people who play games on the go and really only have about 15-30 minutes on the bus or train before they get to work/school or where ever they are going. And the crap battery life. Mainly features like the world map, and the fact that the game wastes no time in getting you to the gameplay.

Now if they make a wii-u paper mario. I suspect it will be different since you'll be playing it at home and you'll have much more time on your hands.

Just look at the M&L series for example, there is FAR less dialogue in the game and things move much quicker.

I know not all handheld rpgs are like this, look at the golden sun series for example, its FILLED with long drawn out cutscenes but stuff like that isn't really the best for when your playing a game on the move.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
#9wiiking96Posted 11/8/2012 12:54:35 PM
McmadnessV3 posted...
You know, I'm almost certain that alot of changes they made in this game (though not all of them) were made because it was on a portable system, specifically for people who play games on the go and really only have about 15-30 minutes on the bus or train before they get to work/school or where ever they are going. And the crap battery life. Mainly features like the world map, and the fact that the game wastes no time in getting you to the gameplay.

Now if they make a wii-u paper mario. I suspect it will be different since you'll be playing it at home and you'll have much more time on your hands.

Just look at the M&L series for example, there is FAR less dialogue in the game and things move much quicker.

I know not all handheld rpgs are like this, look at the golden sun series for example, its FILLED with long drawn out cutscenes but stuff like that isn't really the best for when your playing a game on the move.

An easy alternative would be a quick save feature at any time while playing. Dying would still return you to save blocks.
---
Quote and Curly Brace for Super Smash Bros 4!
Appeasing an unlimited amount of chocolate . . .
#10McmadnessV3Posted 11/8/2012 1:10:08 PM
Perhaps, but that still doesn't account for things like time wasted while back tracking or unnecessarily long cut scenes.

Then again Mario rpgs seem to be absolutely obsessed with save blocks rather then just a simple quick save.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.