My Reaction to all your whining on the Mario Series

#31EnjuPosted 11/11/2012 9:35:00 PM
Wow this topic is... interesting.

I guess I'll add my own comments to it since heck that's people do on message boards, add their own two cents. :D

NSMBU and NSMB2 - I like classic SMB so nothing really to complain about here, it's not that innovative but as long as the gameplay is refined and fun then YAY (I like the idea of bazillions of gold coins in NSMB2)

Mario Sunshine - this game gives me mixed feelings overall, I like the differences and changes in the game and honestly think that game still has some of the largest and interesting levels in a 3D Mario game, but the random spikes in difficulty just make that game a killer at times

PM: SS - not far yet, but the game is very fun. Not complicated but it's a simple and enjoyable game and I like stickers :D

Paper Mario (in general) - I do prefer the more traditional rpg experience of some of the Paper Mario games (mostly because they're so different) but really, blaming a game for being more like "Mario"? I don't quite get the complaint since I've found all of the PM games to be fun and clever

Zelda - I love them all! (Except Spirit Tracks, whoever made that flute should be shot) I will say though that no Zelda game is perfect, but really if there were a perfect video game then we'd never need anything new and I still think that Zelda is one of the best video game series ever (along with Mario, Suikoden, FF, and a few others)

I don't usually get the whining about any great game series, but at the same I can understand people not liking stuff that doesn't strike their fancy (go figure, people have opinions :P)
---
Check out my Style Savvy: Trendsetters tumbler! http://boysmode.tumblr.com/
#32_Candice_Posted 11/11/2012 9:37:04 PM
LonelyGoomba posted...
mario sunshine has little to do with mario, it is a too drastic change. It's a good game yes, but, could be any other character and no one would say "this feels like it should be Mario"

people complain about Sticker star and sunshine because it is a change for the worse.

I partially agree because Sunshine still had the Mario acrobatics and 3D platforming PLUS Fludd, while experimenting with a new breed of townsfolk and enemies. It tried new things while still being Mario.

Sticker Star isnt a true Paper Mario game. As a matter of fact, its a caricature of one. Its just a "Paper" game with "Mario" characters.
#33OoSubaruoOPosted 11/11/2012 9:44:01 PM(edited)
wiiking96 posted...
This has been covered way too many times. Different series == different expectations. No one seems to get this.

It's been years since TTYD, and there are a plethora of ways to not make a sequel of it a rehash while also making it true to the original games. There needs to be a balance. People act likes there's no middle ground.

Even if this game had the same mechanics from TTYD, people would go "rehash". People truly don't know what they want at all. IS wanted to go a different route with this game, it's that simple.

The next Paper Mario will most likely go back to its roots, then that game will be flooded with "ZOMG IS Y U REHASH?".
#34Delirious_BeardPosted 11/11/2012 9:45:12 PM
The next Paper Mario will most likely go back to its roots, then that game will be flooded with "ZOMG IS Y U REHASH?".

This would not happen. At all.
---
This sig will not change until J.P. Howell and Carlos Pena are released or sent down from the Tampa Bay Rays.
http://i34.tinypic.com/adnlsk.jpg
#35OoSubaruoOPosted 11/11/2012 9:47:23 PM
Delirious_Beard posted...

You must be living in a dream world it seems. Every fan base on Earth has this issue, no matter what a game company does, no one will EVER be satisfied. It's common knowledge.
#36Delirious_BeardPosted 11/11/2012 9:48:14 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...

You must be living in a dream world it seems. Every fan base on Earth has this issue, no matter what a game company does, no one will EVER be satisfied. It's common knowledge.

But it wouldn't be the majority of the fanbase.
---
This sig will not change until J.P. Howell and Carlos Pena are released or sent down from the Tampa Bay Rays.
http://i34.tinypic.com/adnlsk.jpg
#37_Candice_Posted 11/11/2012 9:50:55 PM

This.

When Sega listened to its fans, we got Sonic Generations and everybody loved it.

And it seems like a lot of things fans knocked NSMB for, Nintendos actually fixing with NSMBU. It looks like a great game thus far.
#38OoSubaruoOPosted 11/11/2012 9:51:35 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...

But it wouldn't be the majority of the fanbase.

Right now, most of the people here keep comparing this game to it's predecessors. Instead of trying to enjoy the game for what it's worth, or at least giving it a shot.
#39Kingboo83Posted 11/11/2012 9:57:39 PM

For real.

No one was even going "ZOMG REHASH" when we first heard news of the game coming out and saw images/videos of it when it looked like it had retained the basic PM64/TTYD battle formula, with the chain chomp partner and everything. Everyone was ecstatic about the fact that the game would finally be returning back to its original formula. It's been how many years now since we've had a "true" sequel to TTYD? We already had SPM to deviate enough from the mechanics of the first two games, so I would imagine people would feel relieved over the idea of the series returning to its natural roots once again, since those two games were considered so great and "abnormal" from the regular Mario game, in a sense.

If it was a series like NSMB, in which case, we're getting a game nearly every other year or so, then I could understand more so how they might wanna take a path really distinct from its previous iterations for the next one.
#40Lupin the 4thPosted 11/11/2012 10:01:28 PM
_Candice_ posted...

This.

When Sega listened to its fans, we got Sonic Generations and everybody loved it.

And it seems like a lot of things fans knocked NSMB for, Nintendos actually fixing with NSMBU. It looks like a great game thus far.

Everybody did not love Sonic Generations. To be fair most of us (myself included) did, but there was still a vocal minority of whiny fanboys that won't ever be happy no matter what Sega does. I was on those boards, so I've seen first-hand. They could literally combine the first 3 Sonic games (S&K included) and put it into an HD package (which is what half these guys seem to want), and they would STILL find something to whine about.

It seriously amazes me the sheer number of people here (on this board, not this topic) complaining this game isn't enough like TTYD. You like TTYD? Then freakin' play TTYD and let the rest of us enjoy our new game. This sort of crap right here is exactly the reason Nintendo as a gaming-only company caters to the casuals. And that's because hardcore fans will never be satisfied, so why waste time and money catering to their desires only for them to complain anyway? I wouldn't waste my time either.
---
The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again! Ha Ha Ha!)
-Lupin III: Stealing jewels and schooling fools since 1967-