Sticker Star is an adventure game not RPG.

#1CloudStrife630Posted 11/11/2012 7:46:04 PM
You guys need to look at this title as a stand alone title and look at it as an adventure game and NOT a RPG. Believe me you'll enjoy it like I am.
---
http://i.minus.com/ipN9gpNhMOxuc.gif
#2McmadnessV3Posted 11/11/2012 7:47:21 PM
I still look at it as an rpg.

I'm still enjoying it.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
#3mk3601117Posted 11/11/2012 7:50:14 PM
Omg Ian soo glad I got this!
---
gt :Legos Gamer
#4CKMogPosted 11/11/2012 7:52:10 PM
No idea how Super Paper Mario got labeled as an Adventure game and this didn't.

Calling it an RPG is misleading. It does have some light RPG elements, but many adventure games do.
#5Hirokey123Posted 11/11/2012 7:57:13 PM
It's an Adventure RPG, a really good one at that.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#6kamikaze135Posted 11/11/2012 8:38:43 PM
Well you get more HP, the ability to carry more stickers (hence packing more damage)......yeah, this is an RPG. It just isn't a traditional RPG.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#7ToThe3rdPowerPosted 11/11/2012 8:39:46 PM
CKMog posted...
No idea how Super Paper Mario got labeled as an Adventure game and this didn't.

Calling it an RPG is misleading. It does have some light RPG elements, but many adventure games do.

Super Paper Mario was sort of an Action/Adventure RPG imo.

Sticker Star has turned based combat, non-real time combat strategy, health upgrades, inventory management, etc. In other words, it has many of the mechanics that people think of when they call something an RPG but without leveling, XP grinding (perhaps replaced by coin grinding), weapons, armor, or many of the things people commonly associate with RPGs.

It's definitely a different take on the genre, but there is a lot of fun to be had if people play with an open mind. You have to develop new strategies than ones you might have relied on in typical turn based RPGs but I've felt experimentation has yielded more rewarding results so far in this game.
---
I sense a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices groaned in disappointment and were suddenly biased.
#8CloudStrife630(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 8:40:24 PM
kamikaze135 posted...
Well you get more HP, the ability to carry more stickers (hence packing more damage)......yeah, this is an RPG. It just isn't a traditional RPG.

So Zelda is an RPG now.... Wow so COD is an RPG now...
---
http://i.minus.com/ipN9gpNhMOxuc.gif
#9ApolloJusticeAAPosted 11/11/2012 8:46:39 PM
CloudStrife630 posted...
kamikaze135 posted...

So Zelda is an RPG now.... Wow so COD is an RPG now...

Megaman battle network featured no experience but is classified as an RPG. Why is this game undeserving of that title
---
Alt to Millamac: The Official Apollo Justice of all boards
#10TheFlamingCPosted 11/11/2012 8:53:15 PM
kamikaze135 posted...

Gaining more HP and item slots would make Zelda and Metroid RPGs. They're not RPGs.
---
Nope, don't have a sig. Maybe later.