Hint Guide -- READ BEFORE CREATING A NEW TOPIC

1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario: Sticker Star
  3. Hint Guide -- READ BEFORE CREATING A NEW TOPIC
3 years ago#1
Hi all. I have noticed a lot of people getting stuck on the same stuff, so I put together a list of hints to help everyone out. I tried to avoid spoilers as best as possible, but I'm sure somebody out there would consider something in here spoilers. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

=============
= Tip Guide =
=============

Decalburg:
- If you can't find one of the toads at the beginning of the game, the hoard trying to unroll the burito will give you hints.
- The green toad can be saved. The toad near the fountain isn't hearing things.

Surfshine Harbor:
- When things don't appear to have the correct orientation, you should try paperizing them.
- The lightbulb in the basement really needs to be replaced.
- The toad at the end of the peir knows how to catch fish.

W1-1:
- The toads will help you reach your goal.

W1-2:
- If the wind is too strong, try going another way.
- The crying toad will be really happy if you replace the red and blue flowers in his garden.

W1-3:
- You can still find the commit peice after it is stolen. Don't give up.
- Don't be afraid to fall in the water.

W1-4:
- Big windmill needs a big gust of wind.

W1-5:
- Dead trees are liable to fall over.
- Small actions can have large consequences.

W1-6:
- If the wind is too strong, you can always gum up the works.
- When things don't appear to have the correct orientation, you should try paperizing them.

Boss 1:
- That flag on the roof sure is blowing. You might want to bring along your own wind in case you need to blow something apart.

W2-1:
- There is a toad in the mountains that sells poisonous things.
- Don't worry about finding a tresure here until you find a clue.

W2-2:
- Sometimes things are hidden behind pillers.
- Hitting things with your head has a tendency to knock them loose.
- It is a good idea to keep your stickers organized, and to know where they are.

W2-3:
- Going through the same thing and expecting different results isn't always insanity (especially when things change).

W2-4:
- Kersti may have some ideas about the sandstorm.
- If only you could suck up all that sand.
- That pot looks like it has water in it, if only there were some way to let it out.

W2-5:
- There are often messages hidden in murals.
- I hate it when people get left and right backwards (so don't).

Boss 2:
- The name of the level sure implies it may be a good idea to have some sporting equipment with you.

W3-1:
- Reveille always wakes me up.

W3-2:
- Sometimes the path that is different is the right one.

W3-3:
- In the world of Paper Mario, even fire is made of paper.

W3-4:
- Some items can't be found until later.

W3-5:
- Sometimes to move forward, you have to go back to right next to where you came from.
- While the leaf you are riding gets stuck on that stick, you should try to do something about the missing bridge.

W3-6:
- That sage buterfly toad may know a thing or two about the forest. You should check with him if need guidence.
- Those secret door stickers from the shop look super useful, even though they are a little spendy.

W3-7:
- Don't fret loosing your friend and tools, you will find them again.

W3-8:
- Sometimes the way forward is hidden in the background.

W3-9:
- Keep an eye out for usefull tools.

W3-10:
- Always accept a challenge, they usually are simpler than they sound.

W3-11:
- Like I said, sage toad knows a thing or two.
- It can be hard to tell the difference between a hole and a puddle.

W3-12:
- To get anywhere, sometimes you need a helping hand (or 8).

HOLD OFF ON POSTING
Thanks
3 years ago#2
Boss 3:
- It would be a good idea to bring something along that can clean up all this poison. You should use it right before you get covered in poison too.

W4-1:
- Snow can make the roads dangerous. Sometimes the best option is to just melt it off.
- That snow-cone looks like it could use a flower on top.

W4-2:
- I got nothin', this one is straight forward (almost literally).

W4-3:
- Feel free to move the furniture (and walls) around.
- Spooky things won't show up if the lights are too bright.
- Kersti has a knack for knowing when there is something spooky in the room. If there is, she will offer a hint if you ask.
- Sometimes, it helps to look around where you started.
- Bring something with you to blow out the lights in case you get into a fight, and need to turn the lights out.
- When all is said and done, the comet piece will be outside on the roof.

W4-4:
- This level is just a shop (and has no secret door).

W4-5:
- Enjoy the ride :)

W4-6:
- If there is something that looks out of place, it probably is.

Boss 4:
- It would be a good idea to bring something along to defrost the boss.

W5-1:
- If only there was something to eat up all this garbage.
- If you are having trouble getting somewhere quick enough, you probably need to find something to give yourself a leg up.

W5-2:
- Running to the side of a raft can change the direction it is moving (at least in the world of Paper Mario).

W5-3:
- If you have trouble dodging the giant fish, try to predict where it will strike next, and move away from there.
- Sometimes rivers branch off, much like the level connections.

W5-4:
- While the edge of a blade is deadly, it is safe to stand on the side of it.
- You can't kill a chomp, but if it can't get loose when it wakes up it will kill you.

W5-5:
- If only there was a way to cool down that volcano (that happened to fit in that odd rectangular slot).
- Kersti knows a thing or two about falling lava.

W5-6:
- Chain chomps weigh a lot.
- It is hard to release a chain chomp while it is awake.

Boss 5:
- When your dizzy, it doesn't take much to be knocked over.
(honestly, I'm not exactly sure what I did to this boss)

W6-1:
- The royal stickers should be able to give you a hand.
- Maybe somebody in Decalburg will have seen something that can help you.

W6-2:
- It is amazing how much damage a giant bullet bill can do.
- if you find a whole bunch of the same uncommon sticker lying around, it is probably a good idea to pick up a few (or a bunch).

W6-3:
- It is a good idea to keep your stickers organized, and to know where they are.

Boss 6:
- Bring a thing of every category (I recommend the portable sizes) just to be sure. You never know what might come in handy.

DONE
Feel free to post
3 years ago#3
Sticky requested. Hopefully, this will help some players till a FAQ is submitted.
(edited 3 years ago)
3 years ago#4
Was just about to make a topic about that snow cone in 4-1. I figured it had to be heat-related, so I tried using another radiator sticker and it didn't work. I didn't want to use my only Flashy Fire Flower so I left it alone for the time being, but if it can be either flower then I'll use a Shiny Ice Flower instead.

Thanks for making this topic!
U say U want a Revolution
Well, U know Wii all want to change the world
3 years ago#5
Great job wording things so that the hints give people clues, but don't totally give it away!
3 years ago#6
If only Kersti were as useful as this topic :/
Chris Brown, confirmed anime fan:
http://i.imgur.com/ZitKd.jpg
3 years ago#7
Update: I found a Shiny Fire Flower and used it on the snow cone, and it melted; apparently, you do need to use a Fire Flower. The hint made it seem like the flower would just be a decoration, but I suppose that's why it's a hint lol.
U say U want a Revolution
Well, U know Wii all want to change the world
3 years ago#8
Ya, I tried to word things such that it doesn't spoil anything, and so that they don't give the puzzles away, but give you enough of a nudge that you should be able to figure them out. I thought the game did a good job of providing enough hints, so what I tried to do was point out these hints, or provide hints to find the hints.
3 years ago#9
How do I request a sticky?
You need to be at a certain user level, but just go to the original post and click message detail.
Midnight Knights Leader
Gotta Stay Upbeat Upbeat Upbeat! Or You'll Be Dead Meat Dead Meat Dead Meat! FC 2878-9612-1964 (1)
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario: Sticker Star
  3. Hint Guide -- READ BEFORE CREATING A NEW TOPIC

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.