Least biased review I can check on this game?

#1silentzedPosted 11/14/2012 11:32:07 AM
Interested in buying this game based on how much fun the previous PMs have been, but looking for an objective review that both gives a breakdown of game mechanics, replayability, etc...but also gives a different view about what you can expect from the game/what you will get out of the game depending on the type of gamer you are. (e.g. Tons of sidequests, tons of non-linear content and character progression for the perfectionist (read: OCD) as an example).

Whether or not if you're someone who likes PM will truly like this game or if you will dislike it because it is too different from previous iterations.
---
/target Face
/cast Palm
#2McmadnessV3Posted 11/14/2012 11:34:12 AM
A trully unbiased review is not possible.

All reviews are based around the reviewers own preferences so there will always be bias even if its not obvious.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
#3LonelyGoombaPosted 11/14/2012 11:37:17 AM
probably gametrailers seems to have the most well rounded review
#4anothrgamer1234Posted 11/14/2012 12:05:42 PM
In the end, the only opinion that should really matter is your own. If you think it looks good, get it.
---
3DS FC: 0989-1800-4373
#5silentzed(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 3:43:33 PM
anothrgamer1234 posted...
In the end, the only opinion that should really matter is your own. If you think it looks good, get it.

Looks can be deceiving is the problem. There are plenty of beautiful games that are god awful in terms of intuitive controls, good plot (This can be glossed over if the plot isn't really a part of the game, or if the other portions of the game are so good that you can just dismiss the plot and focus on what else the game brings), voice acting and enjoyable gameplay.

And while I know an unbiased review just isn't possible, even biased reviewers can at least try to put themselves into a different perspective like, "I personally do not like the game's art style to the point that it actually detracts from my enjoyment of the game. However, for people that do like the art style or don't care, the (mechanic/element) is easy to grasp for beginners, but offers hundreds of hours for the hardcore and perfectionists with a system that is intuitive and deeply rewarding."
---
/target Face
/cast Palm
#6CircleOfManiasPosted 11/14/2012 3:45:48 PM
You need to read a bunch of different ones for that. The facts stay the same from one review to another.
---
Sick liaisons raise this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park