On a scale of one to ten, how would you rate this game's feel as a PM game?

#1wiiking96Posted 11/18/2012 6:02:53 PM
How would you rate it? - Results (107 votes)
10/10 Pefectly captures the Paper Mario experience in almost every regard.
6.54% (7 votes)
9/10
14.02% (15 votes)
8/10
21.5% (23 votes)
7/10
9.35% (10 votes)
6/10
7.48% (8 votes)
5/10 Sort of halfway in between.
16.82% (18 votes)
4/10
5.61% (6 votes)
3/10
4.67% (5 votes)
2/10
0.93% (1 votes)
1/10 Shouldn't even be called Paper Mario; such blasphemy.
13.08% (14 votes)
This poll is now closed.
This obviously depends on what you consider the most important aspect of Paper Mario, of which I will be making another poll over later.
---
Quote and Curly Brace for Super Smash Bros 4!
Appeasing an unlimited amount of chocolate . . .
#2LunarRoarPosted 11/18/2012 6:09:52 PM
Solid 8 in my book. It gets a point deducted for a lack of party members and another point deducted for the lack of Bowser's humorous presence throughout the game. Other than that though, the humor is still very much there and the game is still fun to play (despite what naysayers insist). All in all, can't really complain honestly.
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=lunarroar
Official Grand Master Assassin of New York (Assassin's Creed 3 board)
#3cjimmy99Posted 11/18/2012 6:12:56 PM
LunarRoar posted...
Solid 8 in my book. It gets a point deducted for a lack of party members and another point deducted for the lack of Bowser's humorous presence throughout the game. Other than that though, the humor is still very much there and the game is still fun to play (despite what naysayers insist). All in all, can't really complain honestly.

Bowser never even has any lines. He's just roars like some sort of an animal :(
#4LunarRoarPosted 11/18/2012 6:20:30 PM
Yep, hence the point deduction :T
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=lunarroar
Official Grand Master Assassin of New York (Assassin's Creed 3 board)
#5cjimmy99Posted 11/18/2012 6:22:23 PM
LunarRoar posted...
Yep, hence the point deduction :T

I've never been much for Bowser. Most of the time (except in this game, ironically) Nintendo doesn't manage to make a good boss-battle using him. However, he had some funny moments in the other Paper Mario games, so it's dissapointing he said NOTHING in this game.
#6Hirokey123Posted 11/18/2012 6:38:19 PM
I think it capture pretty much all the feel of a paper mario game just with a less story and I guess less Bowser but I'm disappointed two games now and no interlude Peach segments. No playing as Peach in SPM is not even remotely the same thing nor is that one single segment where you walk all of one 1.5 rooms as Peach before your warped out of there.

I will say though Sticker Star has it's own charm to it as well, and the missing paper mario charm I feel is filled in by Sticker star's charm.

So I give it a solid 8, yeah I'm knocking out 2 points for no peach segments. I mean heck in 64 and even TTYD basically almost every one of Bowser's scenes were in those segments. So I'm not surprised by no real Bowser characterization, without those interludes to break up the game Bowser gets no screen time in paper mario games. I guess SPM being the exception but again that's kinda different.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#7Chaosmaster00Posted 11/18/2012 6:42:13 PM
I almost forgot Peach even existed, and Bowser not talking was a bummer, along with the shadowed main storyline of the game... but I'll be DAMNED if I say Sticker Star wasn't fun as hell to play. Not like a little story ever hurt that much, regardless of the series it came from, if the game itself is fun, but I did dock a point off for the fact that the "ultimate goal" was always back-seated by what was going on wherever you were at at the time of questioning. Only until you got all 5 Royal Stickers did the "Oh, hey, Bowser has one too!" concept hit me...

9/10.
---
Ar Rappy of the PS0 board | Rappy Souls: 1054 | 3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269
Sage of The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave board ( http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg )
#8GoombacrusherPosted 11/18/2012 6:49:08 PM
I'd say it's around a 5. It lacks Bowser's personality, the world is disjointed as a result of being so level-based, it lacks any original characters or species, the hub town is tiny and un-interesting, the story isn't fleshed out in the slightest, no partners. It still has some of the wit and charm of the old games, but much of the life of the world has been sucked out,
---
http://i.imgur.com/VQTIb.png
Press Left to brofist.
#9SinfullyvannilaPosted 11/18/2012 7:09:52 PM
I voted 9/10. Honestly, IMO, from a gameplay standpoint, TYD undermined the strengths of SM64's gameplay, so the only Paper Mario "feel" I identify is the charming writing. While the dialogue is sparse, what's in there is probably a lot better in the previous games'.
---
I used to be perplexed at all the hate that D3 got until I realized that the series is the western equivalent of Final Fantasy and the fanbase hasn't caught on.
#10wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 7:20:54 PM
Sinfullyvannila posted...
While the dialogue is sparse, what's in there is probably a lot better in the previous games'.

Seriously? >_<
---
Quote and Curly Brace for Super Smash Bros 4!
Appeasing an unlimited amount of chocolate . . .