I am now afraid that the Mario & Luigi series suffer the same thing

#1Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 11/19/2012 6:06:50 AM
Seriously, I seriously hope with all my heart the Mario & Luigi RPG Series never cross through the same thing the Paper Mario series crossed through. Personally, I likethe M&L series more than the main platforming Super Mario Bros. series, and to me Superstar Saga is my favorite videogame ever. Hopefully it stands on its place, and doesnt suffer the PM treatment :-(
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.
#2wiiking96Posted 11/19/2012 6:09:55 AM
Agreed X 1,000,000. I don't want both Mario RPG series to lose their uniqueness due to Miyamoto's idiocy.
---
Quote and Curly Brace for Super Smash Bros 4!
Appeasing an unlimited amount of chocolate . . .
#3Master_GamerPosted 11/19/2012 6:11:15 AM
M&L was already pretty screwed when they turned fast-paced attacks into repetitve minigames.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/queenofficial#p/u/25/v8L3TCXsyX4
Queen owns.
#4wiiking96Posted 11/19/2012 6:14:01 AM
Master_Gamer posted...
M&L was already pretty screwed when they turned fast-paced attacks into repetitve minigames.

I agree with this too. Bring back the Bros Attacks!
---
Quote and Curly Brace for Super Smash Bros 4!
Appeasing an unlimited amount of chocolate . . .
#5Kooky_von_Koopa(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 6:15:51 AM
Master_Gamer posted...

I agree. Nothing feels better than making a brutal Splash Bros. on Bowletta that takes out around 500 HP in a blow. I also love the Knockback Bros.
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.
#6SinfullyvannilaPosted 11/19/2012 7:20:38 AM
wiiking96 posted...
Agreed X 1,000,000. I don't want both Mario RPG series to lose their uniqueness due to Miyamoto's idiocy.

Huh? PMSS is a lot more unique than SM64 and TYD.
---
I used to be perplexed at all the hate that D3 got until I realized that the series is the western equivalent of Final Fantasy and the fanbase hasn't caught on.
#7Crazy_tank51Posted 11/19/2012 7:25:34 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8SinfullyvannilaPosted 11/19/2012 7:30:58 AM(edited)
Crazy_tank51 posted...
Sinfullyvannila posted...
wiiking96 posted...

He meant in regards to the Mario series in that they have the deepest stories and greatest humor out of the Mario branches. SS doesn't have that. It doesn't have ANYTHING PM and TTYD had at all.

Umm, what? Mario Sunshine has a deeper story than PM64 and TYD, and M&L was much more funny(at least the first one). Not only that, but SS is more funny than the other PMs.
---
I used to be perplexed at all the hate that D3 got until I realized that the series is the western equivalent of Final Fantasy and the fanbase hasn't caught on.
#9Crazy_tank51Posted 11/19/2012 7:38:52 AM
Crazy_tank51 posted...
wiiking96 posted...

He meant in regards to the Mario series in that they have the deepest stories and greatest humor out of the Mario branches. SS doesn't have that. It doesn't have ANYTHING PM and TTYD had at all.

Umm, what? Mario Sunshine has a deeper story than PM64 and TYD, and M&L was much more funny(at least the first one). Not only that, but SS is more funny than the other PMs.

lol, Sunshine's story was just as barebones as SM64 (to me), it just had cutscenes in it. PM64 had more plot in the first chapter alone than Sunshine.

And yes, SS is unique, but it's too unique. First they drop SPM on us, a different genre, so I could get over that. But then SS appears and it's the same genre, but the prob is it either took stuff away from the last 2 games or tweaked it. There are many ways to make a game unique, but this is the wrong way. Both Sonic and C&C have shown what messing with the core mechanics every game gets you, and IS would be wise not to do the same.
---
You can solve all problems by bombing them rapidly.
"You will not enjoy that shrimp with sauce while I'm around!"-Drake & Josh
#10LonelyGoombaPosted 11/19/2012 7:40:09 AM
I think the mario and luigi series is finished

third one seem like a good end to the trilogy