I am now afraid that the Mario & Luigi series suffer the same thing

#31-Zeke-Posted 11/23/2012 9:14:49 PM
And it could also be a great opportunity to reintroduce Bros Attacks like, idk, Yoshi swallows both Mario and Luigi and turns them into a red and green egg respectively, then after pressing the right command he throws the eggs at the enemies, where you have to press again the right command depending on the color. The advanced version could be Mario and Luigi popping out of the eggs with their hammers and then slam the enemies with them
---
Hi! My name is Zeke, here's my 3DS code:1118-1052-2607 (PM me if you add me)
I'm on Flipnote Hatena also: http://flipnote.hatena.com/5358A8D0A0A86A2E@DSi/
#32Cactuar512Posted 11/23/2012 9:40:27 PM
Quote:Assuming there ever is another M&L game Alpha Dreams is NOT Intelligent Systems...

M&L has always been more about timing and reflexes rather than strategy. It also had a strict formula since the first game. It's not gonna go through experimental weird changes like Paper Mario.

Alpha Dreams is made of the former Squaresoft's team that made Super Mario RPG. They're not as stupid as IS.

@Sol_Clyde
IS is brilliant. They made the original PM AND Fire Emblem. Both are my favorite games of all time.
---
Gamefaqs, where everyone trolls everyone!
#33DragonSamuraiPosted 11/23/2012 10:01:20 PM
-Zeke- posted...
And it could also be a great opportunity to reintroduce Bros Attacks like, idk, Yoshi swallows both Mario and Luigi and turns them into a red and green egg respectively, then after pressing the right command he throws the eggs at the enemies, where you have to press again the right command depending on the color. The advanced version could be Mario and Luigi popping out of the eggs with their hammers and then slam the enemies with them

That's actually a brilliant Yoshi-themed attack. Well thought out.
---
"You're turning into a real human being. You're beginning to confuse generosity with stupidity." Odd to Aelita (Code Lyoko)
#34AlbinoCrocodilePosted 11/23/2012 10:27:44 PM
It's funny because if PiT or BiS were the first, or Sticker Star in Paper Mario games people would whine about TTYD or Superstar Saga not being like those games.

Rose tinted glasses and whatnot.
---
Miss Albino at your service.
Snap crackle pop.
#35Mega_RatPosted 11/23/2012 11:12:07 PM
AlbinoCrocodile posted...
It's funny because if PiT or BiS were the first, or Sticker Star in Paper Mario games people would whine about TTYD or Superstar Saga not being like those games.

Hell no, I'd be amazed how they went from minigams to badass bros. attacks!
---
My wonderful girlfriend is a smexy Bunuppy! A cross breed of a bunny and a puppy .... WHAT?! O_O
http://i.imgur.com/nddzs.jpg <- My name in a game! :D
#36LUlGIPosted 11/23/2012 11:28:56 PM

Except PiT and BIS are still like Superstar Saga
#37sonofcasbahPosted 11/23/2012 11:41:13 PM
I really, really hope Miyamoto stops messing with other developers work.

I feel like since the 3DS is new, he feels that every title that comes out has to sell. Which is why PM:SS was skewered of everything PM and TTYD had in favors of the "safe" route

Why doesn't Miyamoto realize there are people that are willing to buy the game BECAUSE of a story? Look at 999 and Professor Layton!
---
PSN: SonOfCasbah
W2 FC: 0218-8783-2025
#38A_MAZ_INGPosted 11/23/2012 11:45:56 PM
wiiking96 posted...
Master_Gamer posted...
M&L was already pretty screwed when they turned fast-paced attacks into repetitve minigames.

I agree with this too. Bring back the Bros Attacks!

Agreed!
#39Master_GamerPosted 11/26/2012 10:00:40 AM
AlbinoCrocodile posted...

Nah, people would be treating the first games as flawed gems that paved the way for the outstanding sequels. You know, like Megaman 2. Or Super Mario Bros, relatively speaking. Not that I've played this yet, but the other two M&L games definitely suffered from a lot of forced gimmicks, and battle systems that focused on quantity over quality.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/queenofficial#p/u/25/v8L3TCXsyX4
Queen owns.