Does this game get better?

#1JakranPosted 11/20/2012 11:17:50 AM
Bought this a week ago and was excited because it was my first PM game ..........and I have to say I'm beginning to regret it. I went into it with no expectations since I've never played any of the other PM games, but this game seems really boring. The combat system feels dull and tedious and the game doesn't explain things well (can't figure out what some stickers are supposed to do or how some timed attacks work). The puzzles are really frustrating to figure out as well (I will admit I'm bad at solving puzzles). I'm trying to beat the first boss, but does the game get any better after the first world or am I just wasting my time?
#2CounterpwntPosted 11/20/2012 11:29:21 AM
Jakran posted...
Bought this a week ago and was excited because it was my first PM game ..........and I have to say I'm beginning to regret it. I went into it with no expectations since I've never played any of the other PM games, but this game seems really boring. The combat system feels dull and tedious and the game doesn't explain things well (can't figure out what some stickers are supposed to do or how some timed attacks work). The puzzles are really frustrating to figure out as well (I will admit I'm bad at solving puzzles). I'm trying to beat the first boss, but does the game get any better after the first world or am I just wasting my time?

It doesn't change much from that, IMO. It's very scant on explaining things, giving any kind of guided narrative, and there's absolutely nothing but the bare minimum for plot details.
#3GroadergreenPosted 11/20/2012 11:31:28 AM
Based on your previous post:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997828-paper-mario-sticker-star/64684552

You'll probably have difficulty with this game.
---
The Official Demonee-Ho of the SMT IV Board
#4theofficefan99Posted 11/20/2012 11:31:45 AM
The Thousand Year Door is where it's at.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#5Jakran(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 11:37:04 AM
Groadergreen posted...
Based on your previous post:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997828-paper-mario-sticker-star/64684552

You'll probably have difficulty with this game.

Yes I am. Like I said before I'm not very good at solving puzzles and I'm getting bored and frustrated with this game. I'm considering selling since I'm honestly not having much fun........
#6Hirokey123Posted 11/20/2012 11:38:02 AM
This is a heavy based puzzle exploration game, I love it but it doesn't sound like it's quite your cup of tea. I loved the game from the get go through I did feel it jumped in quality world 3 and onward like most paper mario games the first two worlds/chapters kinda bore me to death...well TTYD and Sticker star are the exception to that I found them always interesting at all times.

But if your bad at puzzles this game will be more frustrating than fun for you.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#7BringerOfPiePosted 11/20/2012 5:23:40 PM(edited)
I thought the game started throwing fun stages at me around World 4. Sadly, the game is halfway over by that point.

I wouldn't use this game to judge the rest of the series, though, because that's a terrible injustice.
#8SpikayaPosted 11/20/2012 6:21:09 PM
I'd say that the game does get funner as you get farther into it, but after reading your post, I'd have to agree that this game probably isn't for you.
#9Jakran(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 11:19:53 PM
Well thanks for the input guys, but I just ended up selling the game today. If a game is dull and frustrating from the get go, then It's probably not going to get any better. *sigh* I miss the days when playing a game didn't have to be a frustrating Einstein project.....
#10Jakran(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 11:20:15 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]