10/10 review?

#31BringerOfPiePosted 11/21/2012 4:02:57 PM(edited)
On GameFAQs, we create topics to complain about any user review that isn't an 8 or 9. If it's a perfect 10 or if it's a 7 or below, it's a troll review.

In all seriousness, though, it's pretty easy to spot the reviews that are blatant trolls from the ones that are honest opinions. (hence why it's just as sad when someone complains about an obvious troll review and someone screams "IT'S THEIR OPINION!")

My only real complaint with the review in question here, though, is that it feels more like an FAQ than a review.
#32ak14ak14Posted 11/21/2012 6:43:53 PM
Actually, TC, did you even read the review? Because in it, the reviewer clearly said in boldface font that they gave it a 9.5, and of course that isn't an option to display it as so they rounded up.
So actually, they don't think the game is perfect.
#33Chaosmaster00Posted 11/21/2012 6:53:45 PM
You'd think if it was anything BUT a 10/10, if above a 9.0, they would round down to avoid things like this...
---
Ar Rappy of the PS0 board | Rappy Souls: 1054 | 3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269
Sage of The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave board ( http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg )
#34Devin Morgan(Admin)Posted 11/21/2012 7:05:36 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#35KeyBlade999Posted 11/26/2012 6:40:37 AM
*sigh*
---
Every wound a new opportunity, every curse a new challenge.
I shall encounter defeats... But I will not be defeated.
#36KeyBlade999Posted 11/26/2012 10:50:56 AM
Chaosmaster00 posted...
You'd think if it was anything BUT a 10/10, if above a 9.0, they would round down to avoid things like this...

As a late note, that was based on my math-conscious mind.

In reality, you may be right on that note... If I gave much of a crap about this. Complaining on the boards doesn't really change anything based on reviews - oh, sure, you may point some flaws out in the review such as my comparisons of darkness or whatever. How is this going to change my opinion until you base it on something other than your word - which, frankly, I have no reason to believe in any way in most cases - other than making me care less? (Don't worry, Chaos, this isn't aimed at you. You just helped me get a decent post in.)

In the end, my score is my score. The game has flaws, yes. But, out of the sheer hundreds of games I've played, this is easily top-ten material in my eyes. Your eyes, maybe not. Fine, then. Write your own review instead of complaining on internet message boards - you're not going to change my opinion. You could complain to SBAllen if you think it's a troll review, but SB saw fit to put it up in the first place, so I doubt you have a chance there.

tl;dr version - Make your own review if you dislike mine.
---
Every wound a new opportunity, every curse a new challenge.
I shall encounter defeats... But I will not be defeated.
#37Virtue777Posted 11/28/2012 11:50:45 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]