You know guys, be thankful, because NSMB2 is worse than this

#1Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 11/24/2012 9:23:59 AM
Any person that searchs for quality would prefer this game to New Super Mario Bros. 2, which, in my opinion, is a true dissapointment and bad work from Nintendo.
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.
#2Toad_and_Pit_coPosted 11/24/2012 9:30:39 AM
Despite the fact that Nintendo has been my love of my life XD

KVK is correct. It was a letdown. NOW I CAN SELL IT CAUSE I BOUGHT IT ON THE FIGGING ESHOP THINKING IT WS GOING TO BE HAMAZING!
---
3DS fc 2191 8396 7766 mario kart 7 or KIU anyone?
My Daybreak Cannon is still in the works. Be patient, everybody. NYARGLEBARGLE!- Bowser Jr.
#3FAT____MANPosted 11/24/2012 9:33:26 AM
Kooky_von_Koopa posted...
Any person that searchs for quality would prefer this game to New Super Mario Bros. 2, which, in my opinion, is a true dissapointment and bad work from Nintendo.

Hmmm. No. I see NSMB2 and i know EXACTLY what to expect, a classic style Mario Platformer.

I see this game, and i see the disgusting transformation of one of my most cherished RPG's from Nintendo.
#4BringerOfPiePosted 11/24/2012 9:45:29 AM
I don't know which is worse, honestly. We expected NSMB2 to be mundane from day 1. And while it's arguably the weakest Mario platformer to date, it's hardly a disappointment when no one had any expectations to begin with. Whereas Sticker Star had tons of hype and basically everyone on GameFAQs was blabbing on about how Sticker Star would be the REAL Mario handheld must-buy this year. And so far, the reception has been way less than stellar.

Luckily NSMBU is so far cleansing the sour aftertaste of Mario's uncharacteristic handheld sins this year (I guess that includes Tennis Open too).
#5snae99Posted 11/24/2012 10:49:58 AM
I got NSMB2 for free so maybe thats why I enjoy it more than most people. I have Sticker Star, but I haven't played it yet. Too busy with the Wii U.
---
I should go.
#6Toad_and_Pit_coPosted 11/24/2012 11:30:33 AM
FAT____MAN posted...
Kooky_von_Koopa posted...

Hmmm. No. I see NSMB2 and i know EXACTLY what to expect, a classic style Mario Platformer.

I see this game, and i see the disgusting transformation of one of my most cherished RPG's from Nintendo.

Quit making a game look bad just because the superior game company decided to try something new. Microsoft and Sony? Stereotypes. Nintendo? Unique, fun, and hamazing.

End of sentence.
---
My Daybreak Cannon is still in the works. Be patient, everybody. NYARGLEBARGLE!- Bowser Jr.
#7TripurariPosted 11/24/2012 11:38:08 AM
If you look at this objectively and not with rose tinted goggles, you clearly see that NSMB2 was generally not that great of a game. It was good, but just good.

PMSS on the other hand is a great game, again if you look at it without preconceptions of what YOU think it SHOULD be. This game has gorgeous art, top notch music and is just generally fun. NSMB2 felt like a bunch of left over NSB levels and content stitched together for money.
---
can't remember... something important...
#8lvalicePosted 11/24/2012 12:16:54 PM
Toad_and_Pit_co posted...

KVK is correct. It was a letdown. NOW I CAN SELL IT CAUSE I BOUGHT IT ON THE FIGGING ESHOP THINKING IT WS GOING TO BE HAMAZING!

Didn't you use your hindsight, or actually READ the anti-eshop comments?

Before it even came old, people were listing out the cons of eShop vs retail. You have youw self to blame.
#9Toad_and_Pit_coPosted 11/24/2012 12:30:13 PM
lvalice posted...
Toad_and_Pit_co posted...

Didn't you use your hindsight, or actually READ the anti-eshop comments?

Before it even came old, people were listing out the cons of eShop vs retail. You have youw self to blame.

Yeah ik im blaming myself. I bpught sticker star on the shop, becasue I wanted donkey kong.
---
What would I do? I'd press Z or R to DO A BARREL ROLL! NYARGLEBARGLE!- Bowser Jr. I want DOAD.......
#10DBeanPosted 11/24/2012 12:55:14 PM
Here's the thing about NSMB2. I think the soundtrack is one of the most disappointing because outside of a couple of remixes of remixes, the music was a straight up port from NSMB Wii. That said, the levels were some of the best to me out of all three games when playing solo. I mean, it even managed to make auto-scrolling stages fun. I had a blast with it and loved how they used the design to throw in hidden blocks. You just knew there would be a secret there kind of stuff.

I'd probably give NSMB2 a B+ whereas I'd give Sticker Star to this point either a B or a B- because it does a poor job of preparing you for what's to come. You might not even have the right sticker setup if you're not careful, but the levels themselves are also fun and pretty varied. It also has a much better soundtrack, but I think that goes without saying.