You know guys, be thankful, because NSMB2 is worse than this

#11not_here49587Posted 11/24/2012 1:15:47 PM
I can't believe some people are actually saying NSMB2 is better than PM:SS. At least effort was put into the latter, even if it had no charm compared to the previous intallments.
#12FierceDeity1026Posted 11/24/2012 1:22:48 PM
Those who started the series with NSMB2 are more likely to find the game appealing and fresh and stuff. When I played through it, I tried my hardest to not compare it to the previous two games, and I got some enjoyment out of it. But overall, I was disappointed that the level design was where 99% of the effort went. Even if the music is rehashed for the third time, why the couldn't it be good music getting rehashed?

Anyway, although Sticker Star is not as good as the first two, I still enjoyed it a lot.
#13geoffreyAXPosted 11/24/2012 1:57:34 PM
You have to take the whole NSMB series with a grain of salt Nintendo isn't putting their finest quality into them.
#14LonelyGoombaPosted 11/24/2012 2:36:12 PM
I'm glad nsmb u is good

otherwise I'd be really concerned for Mario

although it has to be said, Marios quality has gone down since galaxy 2
#15DBeanPosted 11/24/2012 3:56:19 PM
Well, that's my personal 3D Mario, so trending down from that a bit is normal. 3D Land was pretty good for a mishmash of what made both 2D and 3D Mario fun. NSMB2's rookie staff was better than NSMB's, and Sticker Star's a step in the right direction from the oddity that was Super Paper Mario.
#16BringerOfPiePosted 11/24/2012 4:43:44 PM
LonelyGoomba posted...
I'm glad nsmb u is good

otherwise I'd be really concerned for Mario

although it has to be said, Marios quality has gone down since galaxy 2

Granted, Galaxy 2 was only 2 years ago, and there hasn't been a 3D console game since. (That said, 3D Land was a damn good for a scaled-down handheld experience.)

Compare that to the 6-year break between SM64 and Sunshine followed by yet another 6-year break between Sunshine and Galaxy. I think we're doing pretty well in comparison.
#17Delirious_BeardPosted 11/24/2012 5:28:00 PM
I don't think anyone thought NSMB2 was disappointing. I mean who actually thought that game would be any good?
---
This sig will not change until J.P. Howell and Carlos Pena are released or sent down from the Tampa Bay Rays.
http://i34.tinypic.com/adnlsk.jpg
#18Super SlashPosted 11/24/2012 6:02:39 PM
I seriously doubt NSMBU is any better than the other NSMB games. It's just a new game on a new system so initial impressions are better than they would be otherwise.
#19Sol_ClydePosted 11/24/2012 6:37:42 PM
Not really.
---
Want to make the boards a better place?
REPORT bad posts and topics so the moderators can do something about it.
#20Adamario_129Posted 11/24/2012 8:40:59 PM
I kind of regret spending my nonrefundable $40 on both games, but I definitely regret NSMB2 less.

See, both games are sequels to reasonably well-established series. That produces expectations. With NSMB2, I was expecting a game like NSMB. That is exactly what I got, and I enjoyed it for what it was. With PMSS, I was expecting a game like TTYD or PM64, or even SPM (which was still an actual Paper Mario game, just as an action RPG and not set in the Mushroom World). That is absolutely not what I got.

PMSS definitely had a lot more effort put into it (especially in the music, which is excellent in PMSS and nonexistent in NSMB2), but NSMB2 didn't lie to me.
---
"An apostrophe does not mean 'uh-oh, here comes an s.'" - Dave Barry