Well I'll be, purist fanboys are truly annoying.

#21DragonSamuraiPosted 11/25/2012 5:00:53 PM
tilaroxs posted...
No.

Uh yeah actually, from what I've seen.
---
"You're turning into a real human being. You're beginning to confuse generosity with stupidity." Odd to Aelita (Code Lyoko)
#22tilaroxsPosted 11/25/2012 5:24:42 PM
DragonSamurai posted...
tilaroxs posted...
No.

This board doesn't compare to Final Fantasy.
#23Boomerang78Posted 11/25/2012 5:33:57 PM
tilaroxs posted...
DragonSamurai posted...
tilaroxs posted...
No.

Yeah, this board's much worse.
---
http://i.imgur.com/yD9N0.gif
#24DragonSamuraiPosted 11/25/2012 6:01:32 PM
tilaroxs posted...

Likely you're talking about either the FF7 boards or the XIII, XIII-2 or Lightning Returns boards (which do have their share of dumbbells I admit). No offense to you or anyone sensible here, but after seeing how much whining people have done here on this board over the years as well as the foolish, foolish speculating on partners/battle mechanics/what have you, Nintendo fans are some of the single worst crybabies by far.
---
"You're turning into a real human being. You're beginning to confuse generosity with stupidity." Odd to Aelita (Code Lyoko)
#25tilaroxsPosted 11/25/2012 6:37:35 PM
DragonSamurai posted...
tilaroxs posted...

Likely you're talking about either the FF7 boards or the XIII, XIII-2 or Lightning Returns boards (which do have their share of dumbbells I admit). No offense to you or anyone sensible here, but after seeing how much whining people have done here on this board over the years as well as the foolish, foolish speculating on partners/battle mechanics/what have you, Nintendo fans are some of the single worst crybabies by far.

Yeah, I was talking mostly about FF 13 Boards(plural as in all of the games in the lightning saga). The topics there don't even compare to here to be honest.

But it isn't just some of the people who are complaining here that are annoying, it's also the people defending this game to the death that can be annoying as well.

And I take no offense cause I honestly haven't been whining about it(not saying your comment was personal)
#26Cactuar512Posted 11/25/2012 8:18:10 PM(edited)
Quote:tilaroxs posted...
Some people might not be able to Rent/borrow I'm sure. Besides, all I need is game footage to tell if I'll like a game. I'm sure I'm not alone. AND, most people who are complaining have played the game.

You will never truly be a gamer if you can say that with a straight and honest face.

@KittenLina
There are no "gamers". Stop using that term because it just makes you look obnoxious.

---
Gamefaqs, where everyone trolls everyone!
#27Genius_SagePosted 11/25/2012 8:17:05 PM
It's okay for what it is, but compared to the other Paper Mario games, all around this is garbage (if we judge it based on a Paper Mario scale). It's basically a New Super Mario Bro'd Paper Mario title. This is the WORST thing that could happen to the series IMO.
---
"What reason can anyone give me to not prefer the annihilation of all mankind to a scratch on my finger?"
#28Chaosmaster00Posted 11/25/2012 8:26:54 PM
Worst thing to happen to the series? HA! At least they took a step back towards their roots with turn based battles, and implemented the sticker feature so that strategy and efficiency was more important than how long you've been playing or how many battles you've fought (with how the leveling system worked).
---
Ar Rappy of the PS0 board | Rappy Souls: 1054 | 3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269
Sage of The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave board ( http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg )
#29Genius_SagePosted 11/25/2012 8:38:36 PM
Chaosmaster00 posted...
Worst thing to happen to the series? HA! At least they took a step back towards their roots with turn based battles, and implemented the sticker feature so that strategy and efficiency was more important than how long you've been playing or how many battles you've fought (with how the leveling system worked).

It's not just about that man. Notice how I said they New Super Mario Bro's the series? New Super Mario Bros has no soul, no uniqueness, cookie cut, no story at all (even galaxy had a minor one, even super mario world, yoshi's island, super mario bros 3. etc), no good dialogue (Paper Mario was full of it in its prime). You guy's defending this mess are just apologists. The battle system is one thing, a skeleton, but the flesh and spirit of the series isn't even here. I'll repeat, this game is a garbage Paper Mario title. But it is a decent Mario title.
---
"What reason can anyone give me to not prefer the annihilation of all mankind to a scratch on my finger?"
#30Chaosmaster00Posted 11/25/2012 8:50:06 PM
Genius_Sage posted...
Chaosmaster00 posted...

It's not just about that man. Notice how I said they New Super Mario Bro's the series? New Super Mario Bros has no soul, no uniqueness, cookie cut, no story at all (even galaxy had a minor one, even super mario world, yoshi's island, super mario bros 3. etc), no good dialogue (Paper Mario was full of it in its prime). You guy's defending this mess are just apologists. The battle system is one thing, a skeleton, but the flesh and spirit of the series isn't even here. I'll repeat, this game is a garbage Paper Mario title. But it is a decent Mario title.

This game definitely has more story in it than any of those titles. Of course, if it's not in front of your face all the time, it must not exist, hm? I'd say this game's story plays out fairly similar to that of the first Phantasy Star Online game (if anyone else understands my point about it being fairly subpar, UNLESS you read those terminals everywhere, and realize there was more to it than was originally presented).

No good dialogue? Did you even listen to half the required text? Talk to any NPC's as you progressed? Did any reading of the descriptions of Things in the museum? While I won't deny there is less of it, there is no way you can simply call this game off as having not any single good pieces of dialogue. You would either have to have not played it or are a definite troll.

This game may be a "garbage Paper Mario" in your opinion, but you have to remember, that's just your opinion. There are thousands of others out there who would be willing to say otherwise, as I know I'm not the only one who thinks thiswas a great game for what it's worth.
---
Ar Rappy of the PS0 board | Rappy Souls: 1054 | 3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269
Sage of The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave board ( http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg )