So Miyamoto wanted to limit the story of the game?

#51SpunkySixPosted 11/30/2012 4:45:30 AM
slaterastle posted...
apparently story=bad and unnecessary. WHAT KIND OF WORLD IS THIS?!?!?!?!

New Super Miyamoto World, woo-hoo...
---
Tissues to the extreme!
I hope the next Paper Mario is about stamp collecting.
#52CounterpwntPosted 11/30/2012 6:38:48 AM
Gears of War 3 > Sticker Star
#53Attack_A_HorsePosted 11/30/2012 9:51:57 AM
wiiking96 posted...
Attack_A_Horse posted...
mtjormitch posted...
EvenSpoonier posted...
MarioLinkGenofa posted...
I'm trying to get the whole of this, but Miyamoto still wants to limit games that live off a story like charm?

No, just make sure they stay games.

So the elimination of a artistic medium and respect it earning to disapear is Miyamotos goal?

Lets be honest. Story based video games are just plain better than non story based video games. Why even bother playing a video game if it doesn't have a story to it?

Miyamoto is becoming George Lucas it sounds like.

If that's what you believe then I don't even think videogames are for you. Just pick up a nice novel and read all the story you want.

Ever hear of something called GAMEPLAY?

While the gameplay is the main focus of video games in general, a good story can really add to the immersive-ness and satisfaction of a game. For example: Let's look at Chapter 3 in TTYD. In The Glitz Pit:

1. You save the lives of two likeable and helpful characters that you got to know over the course of the chapter,
2. You bring down a corrupt manager and improve the quality of the arena,
3. You teach a lesson to a previously antagonistic character(Rawk Hawk), and
4. You reunite a brother and sister that made sacrifices for each other.

By the end of the Chapter, it really feels like you did something beyond collecting Mcguffin #3.

Playing out a story is so much different than reading it. In a video game, you save the world, you don't just read about it, so having something personal at stake really really helps.

Well now I'm convinced you're just counterpwnt's alt account. Congratulations on just hyperanalyzing a chapter and failing to make any sort of point. I applaud you.
#54Attack_A_HorsePosted 11/30/2012 9:55:07 AM
mtjormitch posted...

Go bleep yourself. That comment is terrible and I am now copy and pasting a comment to another user that also used that horrible, and I do mean horrible statement which honestly should be banned for it's stupidity.

did you really go there with that dumbass comment at the beginning? It voids your opinion entirely because of how inhumanly moronic and ignorant it truly is. It is a comment that deserves to die and for people to be banned over in video game websites. It is 100% ignorant and I will and shall not respect a human being who uses such a terrible statement it is.

Yes. That statement is that moronic and you should feel ashamed for proving your horrible untrue opinion that insults video games as a whole. Get out of this site. You sicken me.

Video games are not just gameplay anymore. If games like The Walking Dead, Planetscape torment, Alan Wake, Deadly Premonition, Heavy Rain, any adventure game, MGS exists. Story is completely and utterly more important to a video game than anything else. Otherwise you are a miyamoto supporter, and Sticker Star is proof of what he wants with every video game instead of Super Paper Mario.

Gameplay is childish and addictive trite nowadays, Why even bother with it when it does nothing but waste time when you can make a story based video game and have gameplay involved with the story? Why even bother with gameplay only when video games like MGS are always going to be more well remembered than crap like... uh... SSX snow boarding...

Video games are a storytelling medium and if you deny that then leave this site and all others like it. Because people like me are now coming into being. Story is far more important than gameplay and you now see the results of the other way of thinking with Sticker Star. Would you rather have infinite Sticker Stars or would you rather have infinite Bioshocks?

You mad?

It must be hard going through life with a reading disability.
#55Genius_SagePosted 11/30/2012 10:03:00 AM
Attack_A_Horse posted...
mtjormitch posted...

Go bleep yourself. That comment is terrible and I am now copy and pasting a comment to another user that also used that horrible, and I do mean horrible statement which honestly should be banned for it's stupidity.

did you really go there with that dumbass comment at the beginning? It voids your opinion entirely because of how inhumanly moronic and ignorant it truly is. It is a comment that deserves to die and for people to be banned over in video game websites. It is 100% ignorant and I will and shall not respect a human being who uses such a terrible statement it is.

Yes. That statement is that moronic and you should feel ashamed for proving your horrible untrue opinion that insults video games as a whole. Get out of this site. You sicken me.

Video games are not just gameplay anymore. If games like The Walking Dead, Planetscape torment, Alan Wake, Deadly Premonition, Heavy Rain, any adventure game, MGS exists. Story is completely and utterly more important to a video game than anything else. Otherwise you are a miyamoto supporter, and Sticker Star is proof of what he wants with every video game instead of Super Paper Mario.

Gameplay is childish and addictive trite nowadays, Why even bother with it when it does nothing but waste time when you can make a story based video game and have gameplay involved with the story? Why even bother with gameplay only when video games like MGS are always going to be more well remembered than crap like... uh... SSX snow boarding...

Video games are a storytelling medium and if you deny that then leave this site and all others like it. Because people like me are now coming into being. Story is far more important than gameplay and you now see the results of the other way of thinking with Sticker Star. Would you rather have infinite Sticker Stars or would you rather have infinite Bioshocks?

You mad?

Console games are clearly NOT FOR YOU. Go play some angry birds zombie consumer.
---
"What reason can anyone give me to not prefer the annihilation of all mankind to a scratch on my finger?"
#56Attack_A_HorsePosted 11/30/2012 10:08:28 AM
Genius_Sage posted...
Attack_A_Horse posted...
mtjormitch posted...

You mad?

Console games are clearly NOT FOR YOU. Go play some angry birds zombie consumer.

Reading and posting anything of substance is clearly NOT FOR YOU.
#57Toad_and_Pit_coPosted 11/30/2012 10:30:01 AM
Too many consectuive quotes. >_< '
---
3DS: 2191-8396-7766 PM me.
Now a member of MnK's whose weapons all suck from other GameFAQ's user's opinions! One more thing....NYARGLEBARGLE! Ok. I'm done.
#58wiiking96Posted 11/30/2012 11:26:41 AM
Attack_A_Horse posted...
Congratulations on just hyperanalyzing a chapter

How is that hyperanalyzing? I just provided a few examples of story related accomplishments in that chapter, all of which give people a feeling of satisfaction.

and failing to make any sort of point.

By the end of the Chapter, it really feels like you did something beyond collecting Mcguffin #3.
That is a point. You clearly can't read or just are so ignorant that you don't even process ideas that oppose your own opinion.
---
Quote and Curly Brace for Super Smash Bros 4!
Appeasing an unlimited amount of chocolate . . .
#59Attack_A_HorsePosted 11/30/2012 11:33:00 AM
wiiking96 posted...
Attack_A_Horse posted...
Congratulations on just hyperanalyzing a chapter

How is that hyperanalyzing? I just provided a few examples of story related accomplishments in that chapter, all of which give people a feeling of satisfaction.

and failing to make any sort of point.

That is a point. You clearly can't read or just are so ignorant that you don't even process ideas that oppose your own opinion.

You could do the same thing with Sticker Star, if you wanted to.

In terms of Paper Mario, solid and fun game-play provides more satisfaction than the "story". If you think Paper Mario's stories are so in-depth and you feel personally involved in them, then I think you should play some games outside of the Mario universe.
#60wiiking96Posted 11/30/2012 11:36:07 AM
Attack_A_Horse posted...
You could do the same thing with Sticker Star, if you wanted to.

Go ahead and try it, I dare you.

In terms of Paper Mario, solid and fun game-play provides more satisfaction than the "story".

If that's your opinion, then fine, but you need to realize that a lot of people don't feel that way. It's not something you can say is objective.

If you think Paper Mario's stories are so in-depth and you feel personally involved in them, then I think you should play some games outside of the Mario universe.

I certainly felt for TEC at the end of Chapter 7.
---
Quote and Curly Brace for Super Smash Bros 4!
Appeasing an unlimited amount of chocolate . . .