Oh man these Shy Guys...(Spoilers Maybe)

#11wiiking96Posted 12/1/2012 6:21:06 PM
It's too bad that that stage was pretty weak for a world dungeon, and that nothing about it's existence is explained. Why did Bowser authorize a place for his minions to goof off?
---
Quote and Curly Brace for Super Smash Bros 4!
Appeasing an unlimited amount of chocolate . . .
#12SpunkySixPosted 12/1/2012 6:22:29 PM
wiiking96 posted...
It's too bad that that stage was pretty weak for a world dungeon, and that nothing about it's existence is explained. Why did Bowser authorize a place for his minions to goof off?

Because Miyamoto didn't want to explain any of his actions so he just threw his arms up and said, "Aw, what the heck" except he didn't say it out loud because Bowser can't have dialogue.
---
Tissues to the extreme!
Pert the Buppet for SSBU
#13Hirokey123Posted 12/2/2012 12:27:02 AM
Uh I don't think it needs any more explanation than the shyguy's toybox of 64. It's just a place the shyguy's like to hang out and have fun much like their toy box. There was just the addition of a giant bowser ice monster at a later date.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#14wiiking96Posted 12/2/2012 7:10:15 AM
Hirokey123 posted...
Uh I don't think it needs any more explanation than the shyguy's toybox of 64. It's just a place the shyguy's like to hang out and have fun much like their toy box. There was just the addition of a giant bowser ice monster at a later date.

Except the Toy Box also acted as a HQ for the Shy Guys and was very well hidden. That's why, you know, the Shy Guys acted hostile to intruders. In PM64, it could be explained as a place that Bowser created with the Star Rod to protect one of the Star Spirits. In, SS he probably wasn't even aware of what the heck was going on with the other Royal Stickers, that one fell by freaking accident.
---
Quote and Curly Brace for Super Smash Bros 4!
Appeasing an unlimited amount of chocolate . . .
#15Archer_YoshiPosted 12/2/2012 8:01:06 AM
I loved that stage. I wish you could win that stage again after you beat it; I want to kill Shy Guys repeatedly until I get an insane amount of coins at the end of the course.

Also, if you wait too long holding up the line, the enemy behind you will walk into your place, causing a battle.
---
:-] Pikmin 3. Pikmin 3. Pikmin 3. Spread the word.
If you believe in Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this as your signature.
#16Hirokey123Posted 12/2/2012 8:46:25 AM
wiiking96 posted...
Hirokey123 posted...

Except the Toy Box also acted as a HQ for the Shy Guys and was very well hidden. That's why, you know, the Shy Guys acted hostile to intruders. In PM64, it could be explained as a place that Bowser created with the Star Rod to protect one of the Star Spirits. In, SS he probably wasn't even aware of what the heck was going on with the other Royal Stickers, that one fell by freaking accident.

Again it's a place the shy guys lived and hung out, that's the only explanation you're ever given. You can make up the rest as much as you want I could do the same for SS but the fact is the Toy Box has no explanation other than it's a place they shy guys live and hang out in. They were hostile to mario because they know if he got their star spirit they wouldn't be able to run amok anymore which means the end of their fun.

So nope Toy Box and the Roller Coaster have pretty much the same explanation except for the shy guy's don't live in the Roller Coaster.

Toy box=Hang out and home
Roller Coaster= Hang out and just a fun attraction for anyone, even mario, to enjoy.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#17SpunkySixPosted 12/2/2012 10:02:05 AM(edited)
Hirokey, the Toy Box has a much better implied explanation and as much as I liked Sniffit Or Wiffit/Rollercoaster, they make no darn sense. Besides, I believe some NPCs mention the Toy Box being a hideout and Bowser explains that he was specifically luring Mario into it as a trap. No such explanation is given for Sniffit Or Wiffit/Rollercoaster.
---
Tissues to the extreme!
Even a single drop makes ripples...