What do you think of the future of Paper Mario-series?

#1KaabisteruPosted 12/3/2012 7:13:55 AM
Do you think Paper Mario WILL take this kind of direction like Sticker Star did? - Results (79 votes)
Yes.
39.24% (31 votes)
No.
60.76% (48 votes)
This poll is now closed.
What the title said.

I myself feel rather pessimistic and think it's bit likely PM will become much like Sticker Star was.

The majority of people playing Mario-games? People who tend to enjoy the game rather than the story. And seeing as IS will be now taking a note of that when thinking about the audience they gear the future Paper Mario-games for (SPM Story Survey in Iwata Asks), we better not expect any regular PM-game for maybe long, LONG time.

So I dunno, maybe this might mean the death of PM for the ones who loved the RPG titles but will be just fine for every other Mario-gamer out there. A good thing or a bad thing? You decide.
---
The Official Starfy Of SSB4 /Komayto Of KIU Boards
3DS FC: 2793-0906-0731 / SoulSilver FC: 4084-1958-3424
#2Chaosmaster00Posted 12/3/2012 7:18:36 AM
Not going to make a definitive answer until I clarify one thing:

Is it what we THINK THINK the series will do, or what we WANT to think the series will do?

Because as much as I hope they do not, they have already stated that they were planning on making Sticker Star the standard... and I just cannot see that honestly helping them. At all.
---
Ar Rappy of the PS0 board | Rappy Souls: 1054 | 3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269
Sage of The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave board ( http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg )
#3Crazy_tank51Posted 12/3/2012 8:09:51 AM
Chaosmaster00 posted...
Not going to make a definitive answer until I clarify one thing:

Is it what we THINK THINK the series will do, or what we WANT to think the series will do?

Because as much as I hope they do not, they have already stated that they were planning on making Sticker Star the standard... and I just cannot see that honestly helping them. At all.

My PM cartridge just committed suicide...
---
You can solve all problems by bombing them rapidly.
"You will not enjoy that shrimp with sauce while I'm around!"-Drake & Josh
#4Kaabisteru(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 8:23:25 AM
Metacritic shows this game having 77% and most of people love the hell out of the game. So I think it's unevitable, they'll be just be making this the new standard and leaving the longtime fans eating dust.

Anyway, I'll try to find this game low in price from somewhere and then buy it tho. Not gonna give 50-70 for this one. (Yep, some Mario-games are 70 here depending on where ya buy em. Sweet.)
---
The Official Starfy Of SSB4 /Komayto Of KIU Boards
3DS FC: 2793-0906-0731 / SoulSilver FC: 4084-1958-3424
#5LordAlistairPosted 12/3/2012 9:23:41 AM
Kaabisteru posted...
Metacritic shows this game having 77% and most of people love the hell out of the game. So I think it's unevitable, they'll be just be making this the new standard and leaving the longtime fans eating dust.

76% actually. Compared to the original's 93%, TTYD's 87% and SPM's 85%.

Hopefully IS will just refuse to make another Paper Mario unless Miyamoto lets them do what they want next time.
---
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9710/bossqt.jpg
http://www.zeldaeternity.com/2011/05/you-might-be-a-zelda-hipster/
#6AccrovideogamesPosted 12/3/2012 10:56:56 AM
The original Paper Mario game was great and the sequel was even better. Super Paper Mario wasn't as good but it was a spin-off so we weren't worried about the future of the series. However, Sticker Star proved to be a huge disappointment, it's basically a polished but soulless game. Intelligent Systems should be ashamed of themselves and Shigeru Miyamoto should stop imposing his "creativity".

In my opinion: TTYD > 64 > Super > SS

If they continue this way, it will only be going downhill and be like NSMB.
---
I'm French speaking.
Male, 22, Quebec
#7Toad_and_Pit_coPosted 12/3/2012 1:32:18 PM
It probably won't, because the paper mario series never followed the other much. The next one will most likely be a system like the TTYD again.
---
3DS: 2191-8396-7766 PM me.
Now a member of MnK's whose weapons all suck from other GameFAQ's user's opinions! One more thing....NYARGLEBARGLE! Ok. I'm done.
#8LUlGIPosted 12/3/2012 1:36:45 PM
Well they said Sticker Star was the new standard, so yeah, the rest will be like this, meaning I have no love for the series now other than the first 2.
#9Toad_and_Pit_coPosted 12/3/2012 4:05:57 PM
Well the partner idea was scrapped, right? So this basic standard thing will probably be scrapped too.

Just my guess.
---
3DS: 2191-8396-7766 PM me.
Now a member of MnK's whose weapons all suck from other GameFAQ's user's opinions! One more thing....NYARGLEBARGLE! Ok. I'm done.
#10HyperSonicClonePosted 12/3/2012 4:13:37 PM
Hmm...

I wonder if it's too late to jump ship to the Mario & Luigi series.

How are they compared to PM and TTYD?