My Review

#1Dark_ZoroarkPosted 12/3/2012 6:15:54 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997828-paper-mario-sticker-star/reviews/review-152538

Seriously, this game is a total dissapointment.
---
SS- MC- TBA Game- FS- TBA Game- OOT- MM/WW/Alttp- TBA Game/PH/Oox-TP/ST/LA- FSA/TBA Game/Loz- TBA game/TBA Game/AoL
#2Dragonite2Posted 12/3/2012 6:24:50 PM
What I hate the most about this game is that it almost always leaves you in the dark about what to do next.

I had the biggest headache figuring out how to get to the 4th world until I looked up a guide saying you had to get a wheel scrap for a boat, a pair of scissors, and a fishing hook. NOTHING hints at you needing the scissors or the fishing hook, and there's not even a single hint of where to start looking for the wheel scrap. You just need to guess and check every little hiding spot, and considering you have TWELVE new levels to search after completing world 3 for it's pretty much a waste of time.
---
I'm lost on the Path of Life...
#3DWJtheGamerPosted 12/3/2012 7:51:45 PM
Dragonite2 posted...
What I hate the most about this game is that it almost always leaves you in the dark about what to do next.

I had the biggest headache figuring out how to get to the 4th world until I looked up a guide saying you had to get a wheel scrap for a boat, a pair of scissors, and a fishing hook. NOTHING hints at you needing the scissors or the fishing hook, and there's not even a single hint of where to start looking for the wheel scrap. You just need to guess and check every little hiding spot, and considering you have TWELVE new levels to search after completing world 3 for it's pretty much a waste of time.

Despite that I feel that the game is disappointing, I must disagree as the game does give a couple hints.

1. It's a rope. Surely you would know what could cut a rope?

2. The Toad near where you fight the Big Cheep Cheep - the one who runs when it jumps at you - incessently talks about, "Doh, where's that darn fishhook when you need it?" Even before, he regales a tale of a fishing boat that went out at sea and never came back. (Though at this point it was a bit stretching the hint,) In 3-6, there is a broken boat seen, and the fishhook is in the secret door of that same level.

The problem is that there isn't really as good a transition to hint that the secret door leads to the sea as it should. It simply moves from plains to sea cave.

3. If you go into the boat, thinking you can fix what's going on, you can plainly see the purple it's-not-there-so-you-gotta-find-it aura.
---
I like to game; check it out: http://www.youtube.com/user/DWJtheGamer
#4Hirokey123Posted 12/3/2012 9:11:10 PM(edited)
One of the toads though will actually tell you that the ship that left port headed towards the forest and by that point in the game the toad captain will have already told you that it's dangerous for ships to go there. Then as you said there is the destroyed ship in rocks and the fact the water flows towards the forest, you know which way the current flows because that's the way the poison flows, means that if something did escape the ship it probably flowed that way. Either way with or without that last hint the hook could ultimately be in only two areas, because there are only two areas where the sea and forest intersect and neither is even remotely large.

Honestly I never had any problems with the puzzles or anything of the such in this game. They always gave you clear clues and a lot of times they gave you alternate solutions. Kersti gives a lot of subtle hints for the arguably harder parts. Like take the boo hunt for example she will say something different if used in a room with a boo than she would if used in a room without a boo. As for an example of the alternate solutions take the trash pile.The trash pile has goat tracks by it so should use the goat. But you don't have to in fact you have two other ways you can solve that. After looking around for awhile you'll eventually just pluck out the shyguy who has the scrap you need, and you'll get some neat messages on those dead letters. The other way is you could use the vacuums since they are stickers that suck up paper.

Also Dragonite just saying but you missed a TON of hints and obvious things for the boat puzzle.

If you went inside the ship you see the wheel scrap is missing. If you talk to the surrounding toads one tells you they sent another toad off to get replacement parts for the ship from the warehouse but he's disappeared. So then you need to search around the warehouses till you find the dark room. A dark room is easy to solve you just use the lightbulb you found in the sphinx, the lightbulb that is like in plain sight. that you should have already found. Put the lightbulb in and boom you've solved the dark room puzzle and got the boat scrap. Of course the boat still isn't moving so that leads you to check around and you'll discover the boat is tied to the dock, and if you paperize you can see a place for a thing. So the logic there is easy, cut the rope and the boat is free to move.

Honestly these puzzles just required some basic logic and looking for clues or things out of place, not to mention following one of Kersti's most important hints "when you're stuck paperize".
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#5SMASHKING84Posted 12/4/2012 12:04:37 AM
i'd give this game a slightly higher score but i agree with the actual reasoning behind the review. i clicked recommend this review.

i saw a review i think it was ign that they literally said they couldn't stop laughing which makes me think they didn't play this game at all. because i never once laughed at this game.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
unless i state otherwise everything i say is MY opinion.
#6Chaosmaster00Posted 12/4/2012 12:10:04 AM
You must either have no sense of humor, or never donated anything to the museum and read the descriptions. Or got past the fish in 5-3 and watched it fly into oblivion, or cut in front of a Shy Guy in 4-6, or... the list goes on. There were plenty of times there were funny dialogues, and it's more or less the individual that determines it. So, just because you didn't find anything funny doesn't mean there wasn't any comedy to this.
---
Ar Rappy of the PS0 board | Rappy Souls: 1054 | 3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269
Sage of The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave board ( http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg )
#7SMASHKING84Posted 12/4/2012 12:23:07 AM
no it's more you laugh at anything.

Just because you have low standards to what you find funny doesn't make it funny.

especially when your only SAYING you find it funny to be contradictory. i'll put it this way if someone thinks pokemon has a good story then would you take them seriously.
---
#8Chaosmaster00Posted 12/4/2012 12:32:52 AM
It's all subjective, really. Just because you don't find it funny doesn't mean it wasn't intended to be funny for the vast majority of others. I laugh at things I feel were supposed to be funny that I did find fit my personal standards of comedic value (my standards have nothing to do with this either, really).

To answer your last question though, no, I wouldn't take someone seriously if they said that. Pokemon has hardly ever been about a story more than it has simply given players a goal. Everything else beyond that was usually superfluous in meaning, imo.
---
Ar Rappy of the PS0 board | Rappy Souls: 1054 | 3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269
Sage of The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave board ( http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg )
#9SMASHKING84Posted 12/4/2012 1:44:44 AM
oh the irony play pokemon black/black 2 they really do have a good story. it isn't just about hilda/hilbert nate/rosa it's about n,team plasma[or in black 2's case two team plasmas]

And i hate to tell you this but ANY video game plot can be called “to give a player a goal”

even a game like dragon quest ix that centers almost entirely arround the rest of the cast is STILL about giving players a goal either way

that has nothing to do with the quality of the plot. the quality of the plot is fleshing out characters which pokemon black did.

I don't think you get it if your defense is that it was intended to be funny so you have thr right to find it funny.

it may be subjective but you need to have higher standards when people tell jokes about dead babies they intend for them to be funny,but that doesn't mean it's right to laugh.

now here's the deal i don't find this game funny because they WAY the jokes are told.

example this game tells a fourth wall breaking joke spm tells a joke of the same caliber the difference is the delivery.

and honestly i could explain why i don't like any joke in the game but that would take too long.

i'll just give you two examples.
1.kersti yelling at mario when she meets him-it's not funny because he didn't do anything to deserve it,futher more if you gonna have someone yell at someone as a joke throw in some insults[but nothing mean maybe something along the lines of "who weres an outfit that's 90% the same color”
2.I don't really care for physical based comedy slapstick is not my thing because i don't think someone getting hurt is something to laugh at
---
#1003cobrasarenicePosted 12/4/2012 8:40:52 AM
Anyone who thinks 'who "weres" an outfit that's 90% the same color' is funny probably shouldn't criticize other people's standards in humor.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag and PSN: Cobrasarenice
Black 2 FC: 0991 9546 3663