Protip: Read the game manual before complaining about lack of in-game tutorials.

#21Chaosmaster00(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 10:26:07 PM
Chaosmaster00 posted...
Turn 3DS on with game cartridge in (skip this step if you downloaded on eShop) ->

Move cursor to Paper Mario: Sticker Star game icon in 3DS menu ->

Manual -> Controls -> Battle Controls

"Action Command | (A) (when attacking or defending)"

---
Ar Rappy of the PS0 board | Rappy Souls: 1054 | 3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269
Sage of The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave board ( http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg )
#22bidas100Posted 12/4/2012 11:09:15 PM
Chaosmaster00 posted...
Chaosmaster00 posted...
Turn 3DS on with game cartridge in (skip this step if you downloaded on eShop) ->

Move cursor to Paper Mario: Sticker Star game icon in 3DS menu ->

Manual -> Controls -> Battle Controls

"Action Command | (A) (when attacking or defending)"

It says you're quoting yourself, but you never said any of that before.

This game has an was built-in manual? That kind of rectifies the napkin manual. My point still points that games do not need manuals.
---
A teenage detective who turns into a little boy that solves murders?
That's almost as silly as a magic notebook that kills people.
#23Chaosmaster00(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 11:11:42 PM
I posted that in another topic, that's why.

And yes, nearly every retail game and online downloadable game these days have a digital manual.
---
Ar Rappy of the PS0 board | Rappy Souls: 1054 | 3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269
Sage of The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave board ( http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg )
#24bidas100Posted 12/4/2012 11:38:29 PM
Back in my day (the present), people didn't need to read manuals play a game because the game actually explained things.
---
A teenage detective who turns into a little boy that solves murders?
That's almost as silly as a magic notebook that kills people.
#25SpunkySixPosted 12/5/2012 3:38:20 AM
bidas100 posted...
Back in my day (the present), people didn't need to read manuals play a game because the game actually explained things.

Remember before that though where people figured out MUCH more complicated control schemes without so much as a tutorial? Or when they couldn't, they looked at the manual, THEN figured it out?

Yes, they should've had a tutorial. No, that wasn't that hard to figure out. This is why designers feel the need to include brief manuals, (nobody reads them so why bother going into detail) and this is why they feel the need to dumb things down, (people can't even be bothered to take the time to figure out basic game mechanics).
---
Tissues to the extreme!
Even a single drop makes ripples...
#26NintendoDudeGuyPosted 12/6/2012 7:03:57 AM
Complaining that you shouldn't have to read the manual is like complaining that you shouldn't have to read the tutorials. The manual is your tutorial. You can skip it on your next playthrough(s).

Just read the manual. That's what it's for! :[
And check out the options/custom controls screens if the game has them. *looks at Super Metroid and people not seeing that there's a run button*
Nobody reads the manual! :P
---
"Please... never do anything as crazy as that again...."
"...I'll think about it."