Still waiting patiently for the next entry in the Paper Mario Series...

#1Demonee-HoPosted 12/4/2012 12:02:45 AM
While I appreciate Miyamoto for overseeing the development of two spinoff games, they don't quite satisfy the eight years of waiting. Who else agrees that IS should start working on Paper Mario 3 ASAP?
#2Chaosmaster00Posted 12/4/2012 12:05:29 AM
This game was great for what it was, just the restrictions placed and its execution wasn't exactly for the best.

Although, I would kill to know what the Alpha was going to be like...
---
Ar Rappy of the PS0 board | Rappy Souls: 1054 | 3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269
Sage of The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave board ( http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg )
#3SMASHKING84Posted 12/4/2012 12:08:36 AM
won't happen too many people are saying "this flaw doesn't matter the game is still fun”

maybe the first time,and during the first three worlds after that you find yourself bored.

and this is coming from someone who plays the same games even after beating them 50 times.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
unless i state otherwise everything i say is MY opinion.
#4SpunkySixPosted 12/4/2012 3:57:40 AM
Chaosmaster00 posted...
This game was great for what it was, just the restrictions placed and its execution wasn't exactly for the best.

Yeah, I agree with this.

And SMASHKING, what makes this not okay to excuse for fun factor, but you act like anything said against NSMB2 is a sin?
---
Tissues to the extreme!
Even a single drop makes ripples...
#5Demonee-Ho(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 4:08:34 AM(edited)
Chaosmaster00 posted...

Oh I'm well aware of how great this Mario adventure game is as a standalone. I also enjoyed that they opted to use the Paper Mario style. However I'm yearning for another game that builds upon the design foundations -the soul if you will- of the Paper Mario series. It's been eight years and I can't keep playing the first two games forever.
#6CounterpwntPosted 12/4/2012 8:20:29 AM
Demonee-Ho posted...
Chaosmaster00 posted...

Oh I'm well aware of how great this Mario adventure game is as a standalone. I also enjoyed that they opted to use the Paper Mario style. However I'm yearning for another game that builds upon the design foundations -the soul if you will- of the Paper Mario series. It's been eight years and I can't keep playing the first two games forever.

I 100% agree. The first two formulas worked magnificently. Why did they ever deviate? Is the will or creativity just not there anymore?
#7PsychoPiano999Posted 12/4/2012 10:05:34 AM
Counterpwnt posted...
I 100% agree. The first two formulas worked magnificently. Why did they ever deviate? Is the will or creativity just not there anymore?

Reusing formulas isn't exactly a sign of creativity.
#8wiiking96Posted 12/4/2012 10:07:16 AM
PsychoPiano999 posted...
Counterpwnt posted...

Neither is dumbing down a previous formula and sucking away 90% of the charm.
---
Quote and Curly Brace for Super Smash Bros 4!
Appeasing an unlimited amount of chocolate . . .
#9Demonee-Ho(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 12:32:51 PM
PsychoPiano999 posted...
Counterpwnt posted...

Deviation isn't always the better or harder path. It takes a lot of skill and creativity to reinvent a formula and it feel fresh again.
#10Knux19Posted 12/4/2012 1:24:21 PM
While I appreciate Miyamoto for overseeing the development of two spinoff games, they don't quite satisfy the eight years of waiting. Who else agrees that IS should start working on Paper Mario 3 ASAP?

While you may not like them, you seem to be subscribing to an antonymous ideal of Disney. Just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Whether you like it or not, Super Paper Mario is Paper Mario 3 (I liked it, but I can understand the disappointment some people felt). Whatever anybody may thing, Sticker Star IS Paper Mario 4. I didn't care for the ending of Mass Effect 3 (among other things in the game, but that's an entirely different post for another time and place), but I still have to accept that as how Shepard's story ended.

The best you can get from a black spot on a record is experience. That's all we can take away from this.
---
Pants are not a "group activity"