Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time vs. Paper Mario: Sticker Star

#21SpunkySixPosted 12/9/2012 7:11:48 AM
wiiking96 posted...
Fortuneman_Dark posted...
also there is a lot more creativity with the enemies in Sticker Star like the Two Fold Goomba and the bosses.

You've got to be kidding me. Did you totally forget about Boom Guys, Elasto Piranhas, Lakitufos, Dr. Shroobs, Gnarantulas, Coconutters, Bullies, RC Shroobers, Shrooba Divers, Snifaroes, Thwacks, Totem Thwacks, Love Bubbles, Shroids, Skellokeys Handfakes, Piranha Planets, Snoozorbs, or Shroobsworths?

And you seriously think the bosses are more creative? You must be trolling, or you've lost most of your memory of PiT.

Or he accidentally got creative and generic mixed up.
---
Tissues to the extreme!
Only somebody truly evil would hate chocolate and cats
#22StephenYap3Posted 12/9/2012 9:53:21 AM
Sticker Star for sure. offcourse we got the Shiny Crown of annoyingness but at least it shuts up after the little introduction whereas Little Annoying Suitcase Dude keeps talking and kills progress a lot more than Shiny Crown thingy. and i am a bigger fan of the Paper Mario series all together. also there is a lot more creativity with the enemies in Sticker Star like the Two Fold Goomba and the bosses. so yeah my vote goes 2 Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Agreed, except for the creative enemies and bosses part.
---
Spam Musubi = Super Mushroom :D
#23Rupin_Salesman(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 12:44:52 PM
StephenYap3 posted...
Sticker Star for sure. offcourse we got the Shiny Crown of annoyingness but at least it shuts up after the little introduction whereas Little Annoying Suitcase Dude keeps talking and kills progress a lot more than Shiny Crown thingy. and i am a bigger fan of the Paper Mario series all together. also there is a lot more creativity with the enemies in Sticker Star like the Two Fold Goomba and the bosses. so yeah my vote goes 2 Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Agreed, except for the creative enemies and bosses part.

Lol.
---
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario
#24TheRealMrManPosted 12/9/2012 5:51:09 PM
PM:SS easily. SS feels like a different flavor of PM, albeit a watered down one. PiT was just bad.
#25Hiroshi_MishimaPosted 12/9/2012 8:33:08 PM
I still don't understand where people get upset about Partners In Time. It kept a lot of the formula from Superstar Saga. If your only gripe is that the game was "easy" then I think that says more about you than the game.

Sticker Star, on the other hand, is about as far removed from what Paper Mario is as you can get. It'd be like if Final Fantasy # came out, and was just Chocobo Racing.
#26Chaosmaster00Posted 12/9/2012 8:57:17 PM
It wasn't that it was "just easy". It was extremely linear, and the baby bros thing was about as fun of an inclusion as taking out the special Bros Attacks for the Bro Items that made spamming them far too easy to abuse, and they tried to cover that sudden lack of difficulty by artificially adding it in the form of bosses with tons of HP, which is NOT the solution to that. I think the final boss was the only one that honestly felt balanced, because, you know, it's SUPPOSED to have a lot of HP. Still, all it takes to beat it is like 3 or 4 Bro Items, if you aren't completely useless with timing...

Ironically though, through all of this, I still enjoyed PiT more than I did this game. I liked them both, but PiT at least stuck to the formula more than this did to ANY of the past PM games...
---
Ar Rappy of the PS0 board | Rappy Souls: 1054 | 3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269
Sage of The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave board ( http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg )
#27DetroitLolcatPosted 12/9/2012 9:07:16 PM
Partners in Time is under-rated and over-hated. The story is definitely interesting enough if not a bit silly, but which Mario RPG doesn't have an off-the-wall story? The battle system is great, the only flaw is OMG BOSS Y U NO DIE? in that the bosses have way too much HP, especially at the end. The last boss alone must take an hour, more if your POW isn't where it should be.

PiT has a funny, creative story, a great battle system, and good puzzles. It's no SS or BiS, but it's a good game in itself.
---
Pre-Hooktail Pit of 100 Trials Run Completed
Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 @ 3:43 AM.
#28NamekianClownPosted 12/9/2012 9:43:38 PM
I think PiT is underrated, but the better of the 2 is SS.

Constant crying babies, an item based special system where the game gives you so many items for free you end up selling most of them because you're always maxed out and bosses with far too much HP making battles a chore vs. "OMG Y NO LVL UPZ AND FP!"
---
Segata Sanshiro! Segata Sanshiro! Sega Saturn, Shiro!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joNwYPdEBTc
#29electroampPosted 12/10/2012 8:54:22 AM
I cannot bear the underestimation of Partners in Time. The lion's share of bosses were challenging and very advanced pattern-wise. I agree that it was linear, but why is it actually a problem? Many RPGs end as soon as you beat them.

The graphics are very vivid and detailed. The music is FANTASTIC. And please do not forget the incredible depth of the plot, for example past Toad Town, where the music just screams of sadness and I love this. The veiled seriousness of the game is great.

The gameplay is a bit off compared to SS and BiS, but I like the way they abolished BP and made you buy attack items. It actually feels natural.

And last but not least, the game tests your skills. If you are skilled, the final bosses are easy. If you are not, prepare to get murked.

So why is it disliked? I totally agree that it gets dull sometimes. But I just highlit the obvious strong points of the game.
---
I'm fond of Mario, classic Megaman and a bit of Metroid. *sigh*
Also Love is'es.
#30Macheni_1897Posted 12/10/2012 7:19:25 PM
LUlGI posted...
The main problem I had with Partners in Time was that the bosses had way too much health despite having predictable patterns. The last couple of bosses were ridiculous.

Other than that, it was decent. I'll give it credit for doing some new things without having to change the entire game.

Me too, I hate the vigorous BOSSes in both games, while they are both good games except this problem.

I prefer Sticker Star for that I can explore the world more freely, and I like its paper style scene design.
---
3DS FC: 1461-6841-2559, the name is Macheni.
Please let me know if you add me, so that I can add you back : )