Miyamoto Hates Paper Mario: TTYD

#1Ritster21Posted 12/8/2012 1:39:54 PM
We all know that Miyamoto was the main man responsible for cutting the story in Paper Mario: Sticker Star.

He also didn't like that the original Beta/Prototype version of the game played like Paper Mario: TTYD. He said it felt like a port.

Does that mean that we will never get a game like the first 2 Paper Marios ever again?
#2SpunkySixPosted 12/8/2012 1:57:42 PM
Who knows with Miyamoto. At this point it's just as likely that he announces that any game with interactivity is a rehash and releases the next PM as a movie.
---
Tissues to the extreme!
I can post a message, all by myself.
#3PeskyBOI43Posted 12/8/2012 3:11:50 PM
he's become too old, theres your reason
#4Adamario_129Posted 12/9/2012 12:44:22 AM
- Thought a Paper Mario game with new original characters, interesting new locations, and an actual substantive plot was "just a port" of 2004's TTYD, and therefore not worth releasing in 2012.
- Made four New Super Mario Bros games in six years.
- Also made Super Mario Galaxy 2 (an excellent game, to be sure; but one that follows directly in the footsteps of Galaxy 1, delivering more of the same kind of awesomeness as the first game rather than trying to reinvent the wheel. And again with 3D Land.).
---
"An apostrophe does not mean 'uh-oh, here comes an s.'" - Dave Barry
#5redhotpeppersPosted 12/9/2012 1:10:10 AM
TTYD is easily one of my favourite Nintendo games.
#6jayj420Posted 12/9/2012 2:40:57 AM
This is why Miyamoto is the worlds greatest video game designer while you are just some fanboy who can't deal with change.

Sticker Star is clearly the best Paper Mario in years, and it is all thanks to Miyamoto. I would have hated this game if it was more like TTYD (IMO the worst Paper Mario game). Thank goodness Miyamoto has the good sense to ignore the irate fanboys.
#7ReptobismolPosted 12/9/2012 3:35:57 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Miyamoto technically did not make either Galaxy game? Did he even direct? I thought he was consulted for guidance at points and that was that.
---
An infant sea turtle is actually capable of killing an adult African bull elephant. It does, however, require a substantial amount of surprise.
#8Chaosmaster00Posted 12/9/2012 5:06:31 AM
jayj420 posted...
Sticker Star is clearly the best Paper Mario in years,

That's because we haven't had one in years, herp derp... I have a feeling this is a horribly poor attempt at trolling, but just in case...

I gotta love the fact you call anyone who has had legitimate issues with this game "fanboys" when you blindly defend this game and have hardly anything to back up your reasons besides simply stating that you think it's better because it isn't like TTYD. I wanna know specifically, what about this game is so great to you, and what was so bad about TTYD that you hated it so much?
---
Ar Rappy of the PS0 board | Rappy Souls: 1054 | 3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269
Sage of The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave board ( http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg )
#9jayj420Posted 12/9/2012 5:32:53 AM
Lol, why would I need to backup my reasoning? Learn the definition of an opinion.
#10jayj420Posted 12/9/2012 5:37:16 AM(edited)
I liked how this game didn't have so much emphasis on the story, and I liked how they tried to turn it into more of an open world platforming experience. It works well with the RPG structure while updating it, which was much needed.

The story wouldn't have bothered me so much in previous Paper Mario titles if it wasn't for all the emphasis on it. Eventually it worked against the pacing of the game which made TTYD a lot harder to enjoy in comparison to Sticker Star, especially when it comes to playing the game for short periods of time.

There isn't any technically bad Paper Mario's, it's just that I hate it when people overrate TTYD and act like it should serve as a model for all Paper Mario games.