The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Drybake Stadium Tablet pieces.

#1FenderMasterPosted 12/22/2012 4:43:29 PM
How on earth are you supposed to know where to find these? They're in completely different levels, one which requires you to sink in quicksand at a very specific unmarked spot!

Did I miss/forget something? Did the game give any hints about where to find these? I had to use an FAQ...
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org/images/map_pal_lg.jpg
#2SlinkyDevoteePosted 12/22/2012 4:52:53 PM
The hint is in the place with the sandstorm that nearly stops you from walking.
#3akwan_tarotPosted 12/22/2012 4:58:24 PM
That quicksand spot is rather clearly marked ...
#4FenderMaster(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 6:44:26 PM
SlinkyDevotee posted...

ah i just unlocked the Oasis, yeah i found the hint now. I missed it because the first time i took a different route through the preceding level and didn't unlock the oasis.
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org/images/map_pal_lg.jpg
#5Watt64Posted 12/23/2012 12:42:27 AM
FenderMaster posted...
SlinkyDevotee posted...

ah i just unlocked the Oasis, yeah i found the hint now. I missed it because the first time i took a different route through the preceding level and didn't unlock the oasis.

The EXACT same thing happened to me!! I thought I was the only one! You didn't suffer alone! ;)
---
"Hi, mister! I'm Watt. Can I, um, get out of here?"
#6KoopalmierPosted 12/23/2012 9:08:44 AM
FenderMaster posted...
How on earth are you supposed to know where to find these? They're in completely different levels, one which requires you to sink in quicksand at a very specific unmarked spot!

Did I miss/forget something? Did the game give any hints about where to find these? I had to use an FAQ...

First piece: In a treasure chest that is painfully obvious in Yoshi Sphinx.
Second piece: In the dude's house in the oasis. He pretty much TELLS YOU to go check inside.
Third piece: The signpost in the oasis tells you about it.
---
Ono suspects Mario could easily defeat M. Bison.
#7Watt64Posted 12/24/2012 1:09:24 AM
Koopalmier posted...
FenderMaster posted...

First piece: In a treasure chest that is painfully obvious in Yoshi Sphinx.
Second piece: In the dude's house in the oasis. He pretty much TELLS YOU to go check inside.
Third piece: The signpost in the oasis tells you about it.

What if somebody found the exit leading to drybake stadium BEFORE they found the oasis? Ever think of that? I mean, when I got to the stadium and saw that I needed scraps, I went back to drybake desert (2-1), and tried to find the exit leading to the oasis, not knowing that the exit was in sandsifter ruins.

After an HOUR of searching, I looked it up online, and found out that I had missed the exit in sandsifter ruins. That's when I started really hating this game.
---
#8KoopalmierPosted 12/24/2012 3:49:19 AM
Watt64 posted...

What if somebody found the exit leading to drybake stadium BEFORE they found the oasis? Ever think of that? I mean, when I got to the stadium and saw that I needed scraps, I went back to drybake desert (2-1), and tried to find the exit leading to the oasis, not knowing that the exit was in sandsifter ruins.

After an HOUR of searching, I looked it up online, and found out that I had missed the exit in sandsifter ruins. That's when I started really hating this game.

I did find the stadium before the oasis.
You know, levels with a second exit are yellow. Just find both exits before getting to the next levels. And secret exits are ridiclousy easy to find.
---
Ono suspects Mario could easily defeat M. Bison.
#9SpunkySixPosted 12/24/2012 6:28:44 AM
Yeah, a general rule of thumb is that if the path branches and you're super stuck, there's a good chance that the path branched for a reason.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
I throw cars at imposters like it's my job.
#10Watt64Posted 12/24/2012 1:27:20 PM
SpunkySix posted...
Yeah, a general rule of thumb is that if the path branches and you're super stuck, there's a good chance that the path branched for a reason.

Well, the game didn't even think to tell you that yellow spots are secret exit levels. I mean, I know now, but this cryptic nonsense is another reason why I don't like this game.
---