Here is why the Paper Mario games have gotten worse game by game.

#1Paper_Mario_4Posted 12/25/2012 2:32:25 PM
The characters are becoming less interesting game by game. That is the reason.

I cannot judge the newest PM but my logic stands for the other three.
#2Chaosmaster00Posted 12/25/2012 2:39:02 PM
I say nay, on the fact that TTYD's partners were substantially more interesting than PM64's.

One word: Scarlette.

That is all...
---
Unofficial Sage of The Denpa Men board (Awaiting the sequel: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Apparently a PM:SS ''know-it-all''
#3SpunkySixPosted 12/25/2012 2:48:57 PM
Um... TTYD was a surprisingly improved sequel to an already good game, and I like Sticker Star more than SPM because while it is more generic, at least it isn't as painfully dull to me.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Christmas is the best thing.
#4CakeOfLiesPosted 12/25/2012 2:50:33 PM
Less interesting? Dude, you got it all wrong. The PM64 partners never talked AT ALL. TTYD had great characters! Your partners were great and did enough talking for Mario without being stupid. Also, as Chaosmaster00 said... Scarlette.
SPM had Tippi and the other playable characters, but they didn't talk much, I guess...
And I've never played Sticker Star to see if the characters are bad so I'm just gonna say... Maybe?
Put simply, every game has had something that the others lacked. For example, TTYD had the crowd in battle, Stylish moves, multiples of every badge, and tons more! SPM had different gameplay (Not worse exactly, just different), great music (I find some of the music better than TTYD's), a fantastic story, and different characters to play as other than just Mario and a partner.
Obviously, every game has had a different story as well.
You can't say the games are getting worse just because of the characters. You have to consider everything.
---
"You think our rage a weakness? Then let me show you... how wrong you are!" - Edge, Final Fantasy IV
#5UltraOshawottPosted 12/25/2012 3:43:37 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Less interesting? Dude, you got it all wrong. The PM64 partners never talked AT ALL

...I...can't even begin to tell you what's wrong with that sentence.
---
Games on my Preorder List: N/A
#6SpunkySixPosted 12/25/2012 3:47:09 PM
UltraOshawott posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Less interesting? Dude, you got it all wrong. The PM64 partners never talked AT ALL

What, the partners who say one sentence and have vague personalities for the most part create a more interesting game than characters with fleshed out personalities and motivations?
---
Tissue to the extreme!
#7Chaosmaster00Posted 12/25/2012 3:48:03 PM
UltraOshawott posted...
CakeOfLies posted...

I think he meant by comparison to TTYD's, where the partners never seemed to shut up...
---
Unofficial Sage of The Denpa Men board (Awaiting the sequel: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
#8SpunkySixPosted 12/25/2012 3:50:45 PM
Chaosmaster00 posted...
UltraOshawott posted...
CakeOfLies posted...

I think he meant by comparison to TTYD's, where the partners never seemed to shut up...

You mean where they spoke like normal people would in a situation like theirs? Their main guy is mute and normal people comment on things that happen to them. How is that talking too much?
---
Tissue to the extreme!
#9Chaosmaster00Posted 12/25/2012 5:36:06 PM
I also meant it in comparison. Obviously, if someone has to talk, but Mario is mute, then it's up to them to do it, but I can't really think of any time in PM64 where a partner said anything hilarious or witty or emotional in comparison to TTYD's partners.
---
#10Bass50Posted 12/25/2012 5:52:48 PM
Chaosmaster00 posted...
I can't really think of any time in PM64 where a partner said anything hilarious or witty or emotional in comparison to TTYD's partners.

^This.

TC, you're obviously looking at PM64 through rose colored glasses. The partners in TTYD actually had personalities and spoke up. Their dialogue actually made them seem like real characters, not just cut outs with speaking roles. Granted, the partners in PM64 weren't terrible, but they never showed any semblance of personality beyond the dialogue they spew once or twice during the chapter you get them in. TTYD's partners are more vocal and actually have motivation for joining you.