My two cents about this game

#11FenderMasterPosted 12/29/2012 3:10:53 PM
i like this games platforming, adventure game style puzzles, level design and lack of level grinding. I never cared about leveling up, and i still don't care for turn based menu driven combat, so this game for me is a step up, as someone not overly fond of JRPG gameplay mechanics.
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org/images/map_pal_lg.jpg
#12turtley_turtle1Posted 12/29/2012 3:18:50 PM
farmco,

I agree with your points here. Well said!

I do have to ask though, did you every play Paper Mario for the N64? You only mentioned SPM and TTYD.
---
Guys... it was announced that there are TADPOLES in AC:NL.
This game needs to come out now... if you don't mind, Nintendo of America.
#13SpunkySixPosted 12/29/2012 3:36:56 PM
FenderMaster posted...
i like this games platforming, adventure game style puzzles, level design and lack of level grinding. I never cared about leveling up, and i still don't care for turn based menu driven combat, so this game for me is a step up, as someone not overly fond of JRPG gameplay mechanics.

Here's the thing:

I like this game. You like this game. This game, by itself is good. This is good. However, this sub series was made for people who LIKE the things you listed. You don't need to agree that the change was negative in a sense, but can you at least see why that might be a problem for some people?

Not that you implied that you couldn't.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Don't be racist to elephants, now.
#14FenderMasterPosted 12/29/2012 3:50:12 PM
SpunkySix posted...
FenderMaster posted...

Here's the thing:

I like this game. You like this game. This game, by itself is good. This is good. However, this sub series was made for people who LIKE the things you listed. You don't need to agree that the change was negative in a sense, but can you at least see why that might be a problem for some people?

Not that you implied that you couldn't.

Everybody likes different things, so sure, I can see some people not being happy about some elements being removed. But there's also people like me who liked previous entries in the series, but merely tolerated the elements you liked. Unfortunately Sticker Star's turn based, menu driven combat remains, and the sticker system is a step back, so neither the JRPG fans, nor the action adventure fans are all that happy...

My ideal Paper Mario would have a story like TTYD, partners, level design like Sticker Star, puzzles like sticker star and combat like SPM.
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org/images/map_pal_lg.jpg
#15SpunkySixPosted 12/29/2012 4:08:35 PM
^ Very respectable, and your ideal PM sounds amazing.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Don't be racist to elephants, now.