Hammer timing tip

#1gs_bassxxPosted 1/2/2013 12:17:18 PM
So you know that the light grows bigger as it gets closer to falling off right? But I noticed that just before it falls off the light goes slightly smaller (just enough to miss if you're not watching it) and that's when you score an Excellent.
---
You need one of two things to play RPGs: Patience or Luck
#2SoulAssassin226Posted 1/2/2013 1:54:35 PM
I had no idea you could even get passed "Nice" with the hammers til after beating the game and seeing someone do it on youtube. I assumed the best timing was when it first flashes and could not see any reason to wait beyond that and the game doesn't really give you any indication otherwise.
#3SpunkySixPosted 1/2/2013 5:58:34 PM
SoulAssassin226 posted...
I had no idea you could even get passed "Nice" with the hammers til after beating the game and seeing someone do it on youtube. I assumed the best timing was when it first flashes and could not see any reason to wait beyond that and the game doesn't really give you any indication otherwise.

The game specifically designed to be accessible had no tutorial. That is why that happened to you.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Where is Ty 4?
#4ragnaroker2Posted 1/2/2013 10:24:26 PM
Yeah I didn't realize that until after I started the sticker museum, although I had gotten excellent a couple times early on, before I got used to the timing system again.
---
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
#5LinkPizzaPosted 1/3/2013 7:46:37 AM
I was wondering about the timing since I was used to the other Paper Mario's, but I accidentally got an excellent when I almost dropped my 3DS on my bed & then starting practicing.
#6howdydoodlePosted 1/3/2013 10:59:56 AM
I can only get perfects on accident with hammers. If I try to wait for it, I always fail entirely.
:(
So I just carry lots of iron jumps instead.
---
Video games ruined my life! Fortunately, I still have 2 lives left.