Sticker Star or Super Paper Mario?

#1farmcoPosted 1/8/2013 5:44:58 PM
Which game is better? - Results (147 votes)
Super Paper Mario
75.51% (111 votes)
Paper Mario Sticker Star
24.49% (36 votes)
This poll is now closed.
The bottom two Paper Mario games compete! Which one is better and why?
---
Disclaimer: I hate farming.
#2JHH62Posted 1/8/2013 6:00:38 PM
Super paper Mario because it had a story, new characters, you could as other characters that aren't Mario, it had exp so there was an incentive to fight enemies, count bleck and dimentio weren't mute and bland like bowser is in sticker star, you didn't have to rely soley on stickers to win battles, if you have to find something you actually know where to look in sticker star if you have to search for something you don't even know where to look, and luigi now has even less of a role than he had in pm64 and ttyd so yup super paper Mario was a masterpiece compared to sticker star
#3Da_doppenPosted 1/8/2013 6:22:47 PM
Super because it's a better game. SPM is better than PM1 imo (well, PM:SS is too).
---
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names!
#4AwasaiPosted 1/8/2013 6:25:14 PM
Absolutely loved SPM and hated PM:SS. The former was deep and engrossing with a great story, amazing worlds, well-implemented multiple characters, a challenging Po100T, and a surprisingly effective combination of RPG stat elements with platforming action/combat.
The latter is a soulless shell of a game.
---
What is a Mega Man?
A miserable little pile of mega secrets!-JCvgluvr
#5DMZappPosted 1/8/2013 6:45:17 PM
Super Paper Mario by a longshot.
+New and interesting characters to care about and are never boring to be around (Count Bleck and his immediate minions, Merlon, the Bridge Bros., Francis, Tippi)
+A story that affects gameplay structure (the introduction of the 3D gimmick in Chapter 1, the first thing that happens in Chapter 3, how Chapter 6 ends and segues, the first 3 levels of Chapter 7, all of Chapter 8).
+Fun worlds.
+A 2D/3D gimmick that, although most of the landscape was square platforms or edged, was still kind of cool.

The only two things I didn't care for were the third level of Chapter 2 (may it suffer a Game Over) and the last puzzle that happens in the first level of Chapter 5 (more annoying than funny). But other than that, it was better and at least had a passion behind it.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 0905 2290 4576
Nothin' much, just cookin'.
#6SlargTheGnomePosted 1/8/2013 8:18:47 PM
SPM, because you actually cared about what happened to the characters.

Also the villains were god tier (personality wise).
---
I AM THE GREETEST! NOW I AM LEAVING EARTH FOR NO RAISIN!
#7Czar_YoshiPosted 1/8/2013 8:59:00 PM
DMZapp posted...
The only two things I didn't care for were the third level of Chapter 2 (may it suffer a Game Over) and the last puzzle that happens in the first level of Chapter 5 (more annoying than funny). But other than that, it was better and at least had a passion behind it.

I memorized both of those passwords just so I could get the last laugh on those "puzzles". They were fun, though. I can't say I want to see 2-3 again in a future game, but I wouldn't want it to be cut.

SPM also gave you the ability to heal outside of combat, and to choose what enemy to attack, both of which are critical features SS lacked. The cooking system, while pointless because enemy attack was so low, was still fun to use and more interesting to 100% than the museum.

I really liked 5-4, too, because it made me think but I wasn't stuck for too long, and being stuck there was fun. Those situations are very rare in modern games.
#8DKCFANPosted 1/8/2013 10:48:40 PM
I gotta go with Sticker Star. I rather like just the cut and dry mechanics of the game. Glad there was really no story, it makes the game move faster. It gets tedious scrolling the characters talking all of the time. I just want to play the game, not read a whole bunch of stupid stuff.
#9xxxxxnPosted 1/9/2013 6:33:32 AM
Super Paper Mario because the story was very touching and had a great ending. Also, Super Paper Mario actually had sidequests that were fun to complete. I had a blast doing the pit of 100 trials and the other pit of 100 trials, fighting all of the sammer guys, completing all the recipes, and collecting all the cards. In Sticker Star, not fun at all trying to complete the Sticker Museum, it was tedious.
#10GloryChaosPosted 1/9/2013 10:55:35 AM
Sticker Star because it had better gameplay across the board. Better music too.

Super Paper Mario was a game that I ONLY played for the story. After the first brobot battle, I hardly enjoyed the gameplay anymore. The bosses were all jokes (Bowser kills the final boss in three hits for crying out loud.) and playing the game felt like a chore. I got to the 99th floor of the Flipside put of 100 trials and called it quits.

The characters and dialougue were great though.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png