To all those who say this isn't paper mario...

#1FishyGoodness12Posted 1/10/2013 2:46:17 AM
The atmosphere is paper mario, ergo, it is paper mario
---
Not changing this sig until Tohru Adachi is added in Playstation Allstars Battle Royale.
#2akwan_tarotPosted 1/10/2013 3:18:54 AM
Saying this game is not Paper Mario is akin to saying that the first Kirby game "isn't Kirby, because it didn't have copy".

This game is heavier on "paper" gimmicks than previous Paper Mario's, so this game is in fact more "Paper" Mario than any other Paper Mario. Previous Paper Mario's are merely more "RPG".
#3SpunkySixPosted 1/10/2013 4:02:53 AM
Yeah, I mean, it says Paper Mario on the box, like it or not. I don't think people literally mean that it isn't Paper Mario though, and I'd argue that much of the past game's atmosphere is gone.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Ted... not... SLOW!!!
#4JHH62Posted 1/10/2013 12:23:24 PM
SpunkySix posted...
Yeah, I mean, it says Paper Mario on the box, like it or not. I don't think people literally mean that it isn't Paper Mario though, and I'd argue that much of the past game's atmosphere is gone.

^this sticker star had alot of bad changes such as no partners story or exp
#5Trailblazer34Posted 1/10/2013 2:23:10 PM
JHH62 posted...
SpunkySix posted...

MMO's have no story, and people like them just fine

Crisis Core has only one playable character, and it was fine.

Lots of RPG's use unconventional levelling systems, and people like them just fine.

I predict that this board will dissolve into Miyamoto bashing nonsense by the end of the year.

And mind you, I'm not a huge fan of the new direction either. TTYD was my favorite. I'd like to see new characters in each game, even if they are just new spins on old ideas. If this is just a one time thing, then I would love to see the old structure of the first two to make a return.

If this game was exactly like TTYD, you would all LOVE it, regardless of quality. sigh.
#6jneal57Posted 1/10/2013 2:46:32 PM
every big city is new york.

THIS! is how flawed your logic is. shut up
---
http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=955240
#7FishyGoodness12(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 2:54:26 PM
jneal57 posted...

except it's not the same thing
---
Not changing this sig until Tohru Adachi is added in Playstation Allstars Battle Royale.
#8Mariofan15Posted 1/10/2013 3:02:48 PM
jneal57 posted...

except it's not the same thing

Neither is what your saying lol.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924
#9SpunkySixPosted 1/10/2013 4:14:49 PM
Trailblazer34 posted...
JHH62 posted...
SpunkySix posted...

Lots of RPG's use unconventional levelling systems, and people like them just fine.

I predict that this board will dissolve into Miyamoto bashing nonsense by the end of the year.

And mind you, I'm not a huge fan of the new direction either. TTYD was my favorite. I'd like to see new characters in each game, even if they are just new spins on old ideas. If this is just a one time thing, then I would love to see the old structure of the first two to make a return.

If this game was exactly like TTYD, you would all LOVE it, regardless of quality. sigh.

No I wouldn't. Again with the assumptions. And just because other games do other things doesn't mean that it fits Paper Mario or any other series properly, that's a logical fallacy.

sigh.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Okay, real talk?
#10Bass50Posted 1/10/2013 4:39:37 PM
Trailblazer34 posted...
JHH62 posted...
SpunkySix posted...

Were those MMOs a sequel in a series known for having a good amount of focus on story and memorable characters? What does Crisis Core have to do with anything? So, because people like first person shooters and/or MMOs and other RPGs they should automatically like this game that has nothing to do with them other than being a video game?

I don't-what is-how does that work?