Never played a Paper Mario game.

#1DirtBasedSoapPosted 1/15/2013 11:56:30 AM
Would I enjoy this if I go in not expecting anything?
---
Posting from iPhone 6S.
#2Fortuneman_DarkPosted 1/15/2013 12:16:42 PM
well since it is your first Paper Mario game. u might enjoy it. it does slip away from what Paper Mario was in the beginning. but if u never saw the first ones. yeah u can enjoy it pretty much
---
Yoshi ^^ Nintendo's most epic character. EVER.
#3FieldTornOutlawPosted 1/15/2013 2:06:55 PM
First Paper Mario game as well.

I had a lot of fun with the game, I think it took me about 15hours for the first play through then add a couple of hours for misc other stuff to complete in game achievements.

Looking forward to a second playthrough.
---
3DS FC: 1306-5162-1328
#4Chaosmaster00Posted 1/15/2013 2:27:41 PM(edited)
Don't go into it expecting an RPG, any story, reliable puzzle-solving information, or even a battle tutorial. It's got good music and great animation, but there are very blatant flaws this game has that may detract you from wanting to continue playing this game.

Also, it has virtually no replay value, so... once you beat it, there's really nothing good left to do, besides grindfest "achievements" that don't give you really any reward besides, in the Sticker Museum's case, a music exhibition room that lacks battle themes and other great musics, and an enemy battle animation viewer that makes you pay coins to watch it.

If you do get the game, read the manual. The game isn't going to teach you much more than what's written on the sheet of paper that they call a manual these days...
---
Unofficial Sage of The Denpa Men board (Awaiting the sequel: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Apparently a PM:SS ''know-it-all''
#5KAMMYqueenPosted 1/15/2013 2:50:57 PM
you never played a paper mario game? You will love this game,
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#6tayoni_jPosted 1/15/2013 4:43:04 PM
I never played a paper mario game until this one. I just got it about 2 weeks ago and I'm finding its a fairly decent game. It's not a thrilling super fantasmical festival of uber VG satisfaction, but It's defintely worth a play through. It's cute and parts of it are laughable.

But, would I buy another paper mario game after I play this one?
...mmmmm...yes, but not for full price.
I'd pick something like KH or RE or a Tales of Game first before this, but I'd choose this over any kind of game that is based of a movie.
---
Wii U...sounds like a siren to me.
#7DirtBasedSoap(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 5:47:15 PM
Well I ordered it. Hope I like it.
---
Posting from iPhone 6S.
#8Adamario_129Posted 1/15/2013 9:17:57 PM
If you've never played a Paper Mario game before, you won't automatically hate it.
---
"An apostrophe does not mean 'uh-oh, here comes an s.'" - Dave Barry
#9howdydoodlePosted 1/16/2013 12:03:26 AM
There are at least a dozen other topics on this subject.

If you like the idea of an RPG-like game with a turn based battle system using only expendable items (stickers) where you don't earn any experience for battling, you'll probably like it. There are a few chuckles, and some decent music.

If you want a game that you can just pick up and play through without needing help, faqs or walkthroughs, this may not be for you. Perhaps you have the ability to think like the developers, but I don't. I needed help several times, which I find annoying, since of all the Mario RPGs I've played (I've played quite a few) it was the first one I couldn't defeat without help.

If you want a true RPG with a deep story, extensive plot development, and lots of post-game goodies, run away now.

I liked it, but I think it could have been better.
---
Video games ruined my life! Fortunately, I still have 2 lives left.
#10Zinle_sanPosted 1/16/2013 12:42:22 PM
DirtBasedSoap posted...
Would I enjoy this if I go in not expecting anything?

I think so.
This was my first Paper Mario game too and I kinda enjoyed it.
Granted, you will probably hate the very same things people keep mentioning over and over again of this game,
but...Yes; you can enjoy it too. Even with the flaws it has it's still pretty fun game to play at least once.
---
I'm here to ruin your day - sir, yes sir!!