The battle system would have been better if...

#1SegavsCapcomPosted 1/18/2013 8:55:06 PM
...It was more like the MegaMan Battle Network series. I'll explain.

In Battle Network, you're attacks are represented as chips. Each chip could only be used once, but once you acquire one, you have it indefinitely. If sticker stuck around after the battle, the battle system would be better.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#2Chaosmaster00Posted 1/18/2013 9:01:48 PM
Agreed, especially if you could only use a particular sticker once per turn or something, and Things cost some kind of price to use in battle (either a special stat pool or just use coins, since this game was designed under the same pretenses as Tingle's Rupeeland: use money to solve your problems*).

*source: Ask Iwata review
---
Unofficial Sage of The Denpa Men board (Awaiting the sequel: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Apparently a PM:SS ''know-it-all''
#3RundazPosted 1/18/2013 9:46:48 PM
Baten Kaitos Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean does a very similar thing. You keep the Magnus (Stickers) you use in battle, and only lose the Quest Magnus you need for sidequests or for advancing the story. However, a lot of Magnus can age into something good or something bad, so you always have to update your Deck. Works a hell of a lot better than this one, that's for sure.
---
I've seen these guys and they're ugly as sin. Worst models ever!-Madworld
#4BardWannabePosted 1/19/2013 1:11:49 PM
^Excellent games, those are.
#5IppynPosted 1/19/2013 3:18:04 PM
Damn, if only Nintendo invited you guys to give them some advice on the game before they finished developing it fully.
#6Czar_YoshiPosted 1/19/2013 4:03:28 PM
Ippyn posted...
Damn, if only Nintendo invited you guys to give them some advice on the game before they finished developing it fully.

I don't think it ever was developed "fully".

But yeah, maybe it would have a story then. Nintendo needs to listen to us when we have legitimate things to say.
#7BlinxheroPosted 1/19/2013 4:11:58 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
...It was more like the MegaMan Battle Network series.

My thoughts exactly. Especially with the way you increase HP.
#8SegavsCapcom(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 4:50:34 PM
Blinxhero posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...
...It was more like the MegaMan Battle Network series.

My thoughts exactly. Especially with the way you increase HP.

Not a bad thought, though I'd prefer an experience system to upgrade items.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.