Nobody on this board should review a video game. Ever.

#41SpunkySixPosted 1/24/2013 8:42:30 PM
Stopped reading when you said "satirize for liking a game". I satirized the guy because he was forcing his opinions on others and telling them to shut up. Keep ignoring me because you're butthurt though.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
We're the good guys, not you!
#42SpunkySixPosted 1/24/2013 8:44:19 PM
Also, he clearly didn't remember that you can stickers for free AND cheaply at stores with coins that you get out of battle. How convenient how he keeps forgetting parts of my explanations.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
We're the good guys, not you!
#43Czar_YoshiPosted 1/25/2013 1:20:59 AM
super_luigi16 posted...
Ironically, you'll later argue that the battling is broken because you can buy Flashy Fire/Ice Flowers/Shells which you need lots of coins to do--hence, an incentive to battle.

Lolno, you can buy heaps of Flashy Fireflowers for one playthrough of 4-1. Stickers Are
Dirt Cheap. Get That Through Your Head.

For your information, I had more trouble trying to keep my coin count below 9999 than I did trying to fund broken stickers.

Now, if you seriously think that because a person can find something fun, it's not objectively bad, I've got news for you: Hitler apparently found killing Jews fun, and that was bad.

When there is an objective point to something, everyone will be able to gain the same thing from it. Star Points are given to everyone when battling in TTYD, they cannot be gotten more easily elsewhere, and everyone gets the same amount. That is an objective reward.

How much fun someone has from doing something is subjective, because everyone will have a different amount of fun doing it. You saying SS's battle system is subjectively fun is meaningless because it has no application on how other people see it.

Because I've proved that there's nothing objectively rewarding about battles in SS (coins are useless and stickers are easier to get elsewhere), they are objectively not good. This is the same as being objectively bad. No amount of subjective argument can change this, no matter how loose the bearer's grasp of logic is.

I wish you luck in your finals. You'll need it, because if logical reasoning is being tested, you're screwed.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
#44SpunkySixPosted 1/25/2013 8:46:28 AM
No, see, it's impossible to be able to pick up free stickers on the field AND buy them dirt cheap at stores without battling because you get coins from a million things OTHER than battling. It's one or the other. Duh.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Yo gonna have ta put in a little OVAHTIME, Chuckie!
#45super_luigi16Posted 1/25/2013 8:52:04 AM
Czar_Yoshi posted...
Lolno, you can buy heaps of Flashy Fireflowers for one playthrough of 4-1. Stickers Are
Dirt Cheap. Get That Through Your Head.

Yet that's still an incentive to battle. To go fund you're little buying spree. And, you can continue to play 4-1 all you want, but that will get you nowhere in the game. You have to battle to continue getting coins. One perfect bonus = ~40 coins, so that buys you one Flashy Flower. If I'm not mistaken, that means you get about 15 flowers for one playthrough of 4-1, maybe a few more for other coins you can get in there. You HAVE to battle on other stages to supplement your income if you want to use the most powerful stickers. On top of that, how are you going to satisfy your Flashy/Shiny/Regular Flower binge before 4-1? Guess what--through battling.

For your information, I had more trouble trying to keep my coin count below 9999 than I did trying to fund broken stickers.

Great anecdotal evidence. Proves nothing.

Now, if you seriously think that because a person can find something fun, it's not objectively bad, I've got news for you: Hitler apparently found killing Jews fun, and that was bad.

Wow, that's a great example that blows this way out of proportion--this is a videogame. Get that through your thick skull. Bringing the Holocaust up to make a petty point is low. You can't even prove that coins aren't an incentive because you need them to satisfy your sticker binge, so this comment brings nothing but bad memories.

When there is an objective point to something, everyone will be able to gain the same thing from it. Star Points are given to everyone when battling in TTYD, they cannot be gotten more easily elsewhere, and everyone gets the same amount. That is an objective reward.

And coins are an objective reward because everyone can use the coins to buy stickers that they wouldn't ordinarily have (e.g. Flashy Flowers; "Big" stickers, etc.) and Things that they're too lazy to track down. After about 2-3, I forgot where most Things were located, so I used the Thing shop. I'd imagine most people don't have photographic memory as to where the Things are located.

How much fun someone has from doing something is subjective, because everyone will have a different amount of fun doing it. You saying SS's battle system is subjectively fun is meaningless because it has no application on how other people see it.

Because I've proved that there's nothing objectively rewarding about battles in SS (coins are useless and stickers are easier to get elsewhere), they are objectively not good. This is the same as being objectively bad. No amount of subjective argument can change this, no matter how loose the bearer's grasp of logic is.

Again, you can never prove that there is no incentive because you cannot prove that there is no subjective enjoyment to be had. That's a completely logical statement, and I fail to see how you cannot grasp that. Besides, you haven't proven that battling is objectively bad; you continue to make the same assertions (stickers are easier to get in-field [hypocritical] and coins are useless) while ignoring my counterarguments (enemy stickers are more powerful, coins are used to buy Things that you wouldn't normally find, Secret Doors, etc.).

I wish you luck in your finals. You'll need it, because if logical reasoning is being tested, you're screwed.

That's okay, I've already had a few of my grades finalized to A's. I guess I didn't fail logical reasoning, now did I? Any more cheap shots you'd like to take? And you were the one who tries to act all reasonable...what a load of bull
---
Luigi > Mario
Current Project
: Revisions to KH3D FAQ | Upcoming Project: Luigi's Mansion FAQ
#46SpunkySixPosted 1/25/2013 8:55:42 AM
YOU DON'T NEED TO BATTLE TO GET FUNDS TO BUY CHEAP AS DIRT ITEMS BECAUSE YOU GET THEM ALL OVER THE FIELD AND AT THE END OF LEVELS.

Really now? This selective memory crap is obnoxious. Incentives only work if they matter without making you pretend like they do, otherwise they might as well just not be there.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
#47SpunkySixPosted 1/25/2013 9:19:28 AM
SpunkySix posted...
YOU DON'T NEED TO BATTLE TO GET FUNDS TO BUY CHEAP AS DIRT ITEMS BECAUSE YOU GET THEM ALL OVER THE FIELD AND AT THE END OF LEVELS.

Really now? This selective memory crap is obnoxious. Incentives only work if they matter without making you pretend like they do, otherwise they might as well just not be there. YOU DO NOT NEED COINS FROM BATTLE TO GO ON A STICKER BINGE FOR BOSSES, THE ONLY BATTLES THAT MATTER. THEY ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE.

Somebody else quote this because Luigi seems to think it's cool that he can comment on what I say when somebody quotes my posts but he doesn't feel the need to even look at my responses because he can't handle basic debate without whining and crying wolf. Thanks.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
#48Mariofan15Posted 1/25/2013 2:41:15 PM
Stop arguing with him. I would of thought you'd learn this,Spunky,from arguing with Marioman and Smashking. super_luigi is just another troll.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924
#49super_luigi16Posted 1/25/2013 6:00:35 PM(edited)
Mariofan15 posted...
Stop arguing with him. I would of thought you'd learn this,Spunky,from arguing with Marioman and Smashking. super_luigi is just another troll.

And you're here for what? To label people? Glad to know you designated yourself as the arbiter of other peoples' images. If you think I'm such a troll, then ignore me. Otherwise, you have no legitimacy considering you (a) decided to say that there was a wealth of proof and failed to provide any such proof, claiming it's common knowledge, and later (b) started insulting people who disagree with you.

You couldn't even come up with an argument to begin with; rather, you sit behind the anonymity of the internet to veil yourself from repercussions of your petty insults.
---
Luigi > Mario
Current Project
: Revisions to KH3D FAQ | Upcoming Project: Luigi's Mansion FAQ
#50SpunkySixPosted 1/25/2013 6:28:50 PM(edited)
I like how he acts like enemy stickers matter when hopslippers do more time, HP and sometimes cost effective damage to bosses since you don't waste HP, time and/or coins getting them and they can be easily purchased with coins from the end of the stage.

And he keeps pretending like getting free field stickers AND stickers from shops dirt cheap with end of level coins somehow contradict each other.

Also, subjective enjoyment isn't an actual incentive. Let's say I enjoy eating cow turds. There is no incentive to do it, I'm just doing it for because I want to. The reason incentives need to be offered for people to do jobs is that people don't normally want to most of the time. If they did, they would and there would be no incentive to do so. Maybe fun is a reason to pick up the game and play it, but after that point, it isn't an incentive to do things in it specifically.

Which reminds me, incentives and reasons are different things. I run up the stairs because I need to do so to reach the end of the level. That is a reason because it must be done to beat the game. I run up an optional set of stairs to get an HP upgrade. That is an incentive because it doesn't NEED to be done to beat the level. Incentives give players reasons to do things, but they aren't the same as reasons. Battling for fun is a subjective reason, not an incentive.

But that's just so unreasonable that he had to ignore me, right? If you ask me, pretending my arguments aren't there is a whiner's easy way out.
---
Tissue to the extreme!