Lol this game is considered awful?

#1CWtennisPosted 1/23/2013 5:05:51 PM
I'm REALLY enjoying this game. Now granted, the only PM game I've played is Super Paper Mario and I enjoyed it a LOT. Regardless, I notice a lot of people complain about the story but for a handheld Mario game, wasn't expecting a whole lot in that department.

Anyways, as an OCD collector, the sticker concept worried me but I LOVE the museum and I like the stickers respawn in places making the whole system of using them still easy to follow along with. I'm currently past the first boss and am finding a lot of challenge as well which I did not expect.

Am I missing something or does it get to be a train wreck later? Shaping up to be a great buy.
---
3053 5388 2361 - Pokemon White 2 FC < Default
5372 0620 2714 - Pokemon White FC
#2FishyGoodness12Posted 1/23/2013 5:09:29 PM
CWtennis posted...
I'm REALLY enjoying this game. Now granted, the only PM game I've played is Super Paper Mario and I enjoyed it a LOT. Regardless, I notice a lot of people complain about the story but for a handheld Mario game, wasn't expecting a whole lot in that department.

Anyways, as an OCD collector, the sticker concept worried me but I LOVE the museum and I like the stickers respawn in places making the whole system of using them still easy to follow along with. I'm currently past the first boss and am finding a lot of challenge as well which I did not expect.

Am I missing something or does it get to be a train wreck later? Shaping up to be a great buy.

The bosses have weaknesses which the game won't tell you about. The first boss' weakness is the scissors. You pretty much have to find the weaknesses out on your own.

Also, people just keep being disappointing that this isn't TTYD 2 rehash edition. They bash this game because it's not like the res.
---
Not changing this sig until Tohru Adachi is added in Playstation Allstars Battle Royale.
#3rgw825Posted 1/23/2013 5:09:41 PM
I think they meant Fawful, not Awful. It's just been a big misunderstand from the start. :-)
#4Chaosmaster00Posted 1/23/2013 5:12:48 PM
FishyGoodness12 posted...
Also, people just keep being disappointing that this isn't TTYD 2 rehash edition. They bash this game because it's not like the res.

Oh boy, here we go again...

*inb4****storm*
---
Unofficial Sage of The Denpa Men board (Awaiting the sequel: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Apparently a PM:SS ''know-it-all''
#5Bass50Posted 1/23/2013 5:16:04 PM(edited)
FishyGoodness12 posted...

Someone still hasn't read any of the posts by those who complain that flat out state that is not what we wanted. We don't bash it; either, we point out it's flaws while people like you ignore them and act like the game is a gift from the gods.

I'm out, I'm getting headaches from dealing with you. Have fun trolling and acting immature, I'm not going to add fuel to the fire anymore.
#6PT_PiranhaPosted 1/23/2013 5:14:01 PM
Man I really must be the only one who liked the game and didn't go around trolling people who didn't...
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#7SpunkySixPosted 1/23/2013 5:18:00 PM
PT_Piranha posted...
Man I really must be the only one who liked the game and didn't go around trolling people who didn't...

Again, I seriously appreciate that and I feel like I can disagree with you without having to bash my head against a metaphorical wall with my posts.

And who said it was awful? In some respects maybe, but not overall. Overall it's simply mediocre to many people here.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
We're the good guys, not you!
#8Chaosmaster00Posted 1/23/2013 5:27:53 PM
Personally, I think the game could have done a lot more with what it had; it's a good game; not great, not awful, or really even subjectively BAD, imo, but they had so many lost opportunities with the sticker system that it was a slight disappointment in it's own respects. I gave it a 6/10; not awful, but not great either. Just "good".
---
Unofficial Sage of The Denpa Men board (Awaiting the sequel: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
#9CWtennis(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 6:56:50 PM(edited)
Whoa sorry to stir up some apparent hostility in this thread 0_o I'm not a regular here lol but before I purchased it the majority of topics here were posts about the game being bad.

Granted I'm not saying it's perfect by any means but the blatent dislike for the game as shown on these boards doesn't seem like it's deserved.

Edit: Also several of the topics ARE implying the game is awful or down right stating it's a terrible game. I'm not stretching what I've read on these boards with my topic title. I don't get how I'm apparently trolling though because I say the game is good...
---
3053 5388 2361 - Pokemon White 2 FC < Default
5372 0620 2714 - Pokemon White FC
#10Chaosmaster00Posted 1/23/2013 7:31:21 PM
>implying

Implying the game is awful and them outright SAYING they're awful are two different things. Don't assume anything.

Link one topic that states that this game is awful that isn't a troll topic...
---