Paper Mario: Yarn Star

#1SpunkySixPosted 1/23/2013 5:45:59 PM
I feel like a sequel to this game could get in on the yarn action and retry the sticker system, with different yarn formations taking the place of stickers. Thoughts?
---
Tissue to the extreme!
We're the good guys, not you!
#2wiiking96Posted 1/23/2013 5:47:01 PM
I think a paint theme would be more fitting.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#3Chaosmaster00Posted 1/23/2013 5:48:48 PM
Like with any game, if they implement it well enough, of course I could enjoy it. We need more original games and/or combination ideas that fit within the themes already set within the series' standards.
---
Unofficial Sage of The Denpa Men board (Awaiting the sequel: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Apparently a PM:SS ''know-it-all''
#4PT_PiranhaPosted 1/23/2013 6:00:35 PM
And then we can get Metroid: Other Crayons, and get the complete Arts and Crafts trilogy, and then my mom will finally play a video game besides Professor Layton.
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#5Czar_YoshiPosted 1/23/2013 9:12:39 PM
Chaosmaster00 posted...
Like with any game, if they implement it well enough, of course I could enjoy it. We need more original games and/or combination ideas that fit within the themes already set within the series' standards.

While I agree with this, I wish the devs would stop focusing on the main gimmick so much and give some attention to the rest of the game.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
#6Chaosmaster00Posted 1/23/2013 9:28:10 PM
Czar_Yoshi posted...
Chaosmaster00 posted...

While I agree with this, I wish the devs would stop focusing on the main gimmick so much and give some attention to the rest of the game.

This is true. While I can agree that Sticker is in the name of the game, the entire premise of stickers as a whole became stale after a while... I found myself more comfortable just calling them items than stickers, since that's basically all they were under the circumstances they would have been implemented into other Paper Mario game.

The 3D gimmick of SPM was also over-played as well, imo, but I'm trying to think of any specific reasons I feel that way... maybe because it's only real application was puzzle-solving, and by the time you could practically use it infinitely (Mario's Catch Card), you were already near the end of the game, limiting it's overall usefulness and just being something to get for completion than for fun and legitimate use. :/
---
Unofficial Sage of The Denpa Men board (Awaiting the sequel: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Apparently a PM:SS ''know-it-all''