The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Well, This game isn't that bad.

#1DilliciousPosted 1/24/2013 10:47:40 AM
It can get frustrating at parts, and I wish there was more dialogue to it then it is, but I'm enjoying it.

I just got to world 4 right now.

For the record, I never played any of paper mario games before it.
---
3DS FC:1504-6147-0115
Currently Playing: Code of Princess, Paper Mario: Sticker Star.
#2Bass50Posted 1/24/2013 11:53:39 AM
Dillicious posted...

That's why. Without knowing how good previous entries in the series were, this game is alright. But, like all sequels, it's sort of required to be on par with or outshine it's predecessors; failing to do either, it could still have been a worthy title in the series if it's flaws weren't as prominent as they are.
#3SlinkyDevoteePosted 1/24/2013 12:12:16 PM
It's probably like a third as good as super paper mario, which was pretty good...others were amazing.

Game is pretty lame.
#4CronoDynePosted 1/24/2013 12:58:45 PM
We've just spotted the elusive unicorn. Someone who says the like the game and doesn't resort to personally attacking others. Amazing! I have some hopes for this board yet.
---
Goodbye Chewy. You were the best friend I could ask for. Rest in peace, buddy.
#5Chaosmaster00Posted 1/24/2013 1:19:25 PM
CronoDyne posted...
We've just spotted the elusive unicorn. Someone who says the like the game and doesn't resort to personally attacking others. Amazing! I have some hopes for this board yet.

I guess that makes PT a Piranhacorn, then?

I think I'm starting to have a dissociation disorder, though... I can't see myself on really any side of the debate until idiotic flamers abound. I did enjoy the game, but am aware of it's flaws. I consider myself a fan, but don't rank it higher than I feel it deserves (6 or 7 out of 10, roughly the equivalent of a 2-star movie in game format). I love the series as a whole, and I feel this game presented a good opportunity to be had with the sticker system, but it could have been implemented so much better, from puzzle-bosses to annoyingly pestilent regular foes hardly worth fighting...

This game was good and fun the first time through, got a good 40 hours before it started hitting the true downward spiral, but now, after giving it a serious look through, the general imbalance of things in the game is rather unattractive, and the game almost feels rushed at the latter half after world 3, as if they were pressed to meet a deadline or something (aside from Enigmansion and the annoying Spear Guy hunt in 5-1, world 4 and 5 each took only about a half hour MAX to beat; don't even get me started on the disappointment that was Bowser's Castle...).

But, one thing I will say positively about this game (since I dislike ending on a bad note), they did do a few things right. Music was pretty great overall, sets the mood to its stages very nicely (not a fan of the overall depressing tone of world 3, but that was how the stage was supposed to be, so I'll give them that point), and I found myself humming tunes from it often, especially the boss tunes (world 5's boss theme cannot leave my head! D:).

The graphical style was also on the par and quite possibly of a higher quality than any set before it, and for a handheld, even this far into its life cycle, is astounding. The 3D effects were awesome, and is probably it's shining feature. Don't even get me started on the use of the system's gyroscope for the Shiny/Flashy mirroring effect of stickers in your album when you tilt your system... that was just a fantastic touch to add.

So, all that said, so that people can understand where I stand on this game, I think this is a good game; I like it, and I consider myself a fan. I know it has it's flaws, and I rate it accordingly, but that doesn't truly give the game any injustice due to such. A 7/10 is not necessarily BAD; it's just GOOD, but with this game compared to its predecessors, I definitely felt they could have done better with this game...
---
Unofficial Sage of The Denpa Men board (Awaiting the sequel: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Apparently a PM:SS ''know-it-all''
#6SpunkySixPosted 1/24/2013 2:43:17 PM
Good to see that you enjoy the game. What's your favorite part so far?
---
Tissue to the extreme!
We're the good guys, not you!
#7Dillicious(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 6:03:56 PM
Bass50 posted...
Dillicious posted...

That's why. Without knowing how good previous entries in the series were, this game is alright. But, like all sequels, it's sort of required to be on par with or outshine it's predecessors; failing to do either, it could still have been a worthy title in the series if it's flaws weren't as prominent as they are.

Ah...I see.

I actually have paper mario as VC on the wii, I never played it though.
---
#8Dillicious(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 6:04:48 PM
SpunkySix posted...
Good to see that you enjoy the game. What's your favorite part so far?

I suppose majority of the toads dialogue.
---
#9PT_PiranhaPosted 1/24/2013 6:05:19 PM
Chaosmaster00 posted...
CronoDyne posted...

I guess that makes PT a Piranhacorn, then?

Never say that again.
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#10JHH62Posted 1/24/2013 7:01:06 PM
Bass50 posted...
Dillicious posted...

Once you play pm64 and ttyd, there us a 80% chance your opinions of this game will change