Well, This game isn't that bad.

#11SpunkySixPosted 1/24/2013 7:40:49 PM
Dillicious posted...
SpunkySix posted...
Good to see that you enjoy the game. What's your favorite part so far?

I suppose majority of the toads dialogue.

While their lack of defining features bothers me, I must admit that I did chuckle quite often at what they had to say.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
We're the good guys, not you!
#12Czar_YoshiPosted 1/24/2013 11:11:53 PM
Oh cool, a topic without trolls and multiple flamewars. I think I'll hang out here.

The music was pretty good, but I wish there had been more variety (1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 90% of 1-4, and 1-5 all have the same music). Too much of a good thing is still too much (which is probably why I don't care for Hooktail Castle theme that much, after making 4 trips there per playthrough). The Megasparkle Goomba's theme was especially well done.

To slightly clarify what Bass50 means, in PM64 and TTYD you can customize Mario far beyond just choosing what stickers to buy when you're in town.

I agree that you should go play PM64 now. It's a shame to own a game and not play it, especially that one.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
#13SpunkySixPosted 1/25/2013 7:50:29 AM
Wait, TC, you own PM64 but HAVEN'T PLAYED IT?!? How did I miss that?

Okay, here's what you're gonna do... after finishing this game, you're gonna take that game, you're gonna start it, you're gonna play it, and then you're gonna be glad that you did.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Yo gonna have ta put in a little OVAHTIME, Chuckie!
#14metroid02Posted 1/26/2013 9:35:27 AM
Im glad I found a topic that doesnt only bash this game ;)

I myself havent played much of it yet and I just finished World 2, so maybe im not allowed to judge yet, but so far I have to agree with what most people are saying, its a good game. At times I find it excellent, when the humor, style (graphics) and everything else comes together its a blast to play through, other times it can get a little frustrating.

It should be noted that this is my first Paper Mario game, so certain things (like the whole concept of everything being in 2-D Paper format) are very new to me and simply amazing. Yet I cannot understand why this game gets so much negative attention. Its not amazing all the way through, nor excellent. But not BAD either. Its just a nice good game.
---
"Crysis missed the mark visually. I mean come on, there is an island full of Koreans, but NONE of them are playing Starcraft???" -themerchant8
#15shadowreaper7Posted 1/26/2013 10:20:03 AM
metroid02 posted...
Im glad I found a topic that doesnt only bash this game ;)

havent played much of it yet
It should be noted that this is my first Paper Mario game

Its not amazing all the way through, nor excellent. But not BAD either. Its just a nice good game.

Without attempting to turn this into a flame topic about hating the game. The reason most of us dislike it. Is because of the lack of development compared to previous titles in the series and what should have probably been implemented for gameplay sake. Along with some issues about the battle system.

But because of the bits i've put in bold, i appreciate these will not be as apparent to you (or anyone else for that matter) as they are to us.

I can agree with you on the last bit. Its not amasing or excellent, but i did have fun playing through it for the most part, and it did allow me to get to the end of the game. Its not like other games where i've become frustrated to the point of just saving and putting it back in the box and playing some other games instead.

I also agree with the others sentiments on a topic without the vicious flamewars. Its pleasant and encouraging.

I strongly urge others to not get dragged down into the "this is bad because of this"
Let us try keep this about stuff we've enjoyed in the game for a change.
---
Black FC: 2666-8397-4718
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out! Don't Fear the Reaper
#16StarSpriteZeroPosted 1/26/2013 11:07:25 AM
PT_Piranha posted...
Chaosmaster00 posted...
CronoDyne posted...
We've just spotted the elusive unicorn. Someone who says the like the game and doesn't resort to personally attacking others. Amazing! I have some hopes for this board yet.

I guess that makes PT a Piranhacorn, then?

Never say that again.

lol
---
"There is no I in team..." (3DS FC: 2535-3686-5966)
"But there's no team in win is there? Just like our football team!"
#17Czar_YoshiPosted 1/26/2013 12:39:43 PM
metroid02 posted...
Yet I cannot understand why this game gets so much negative attention. Its not amazing all the way through, nor excellent. But not BAD either. Its just a nice good game.

For two reasons: it cannot compare to TTYD, and TTYD is now 8 years old with no true sequel.

And some other less important stuff that I don't want to talk about because I don't want to start an argument that would ruin this topic.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
#18WizardofHothPosted 1/26/2013 6:25:37 PM
I agree with Dillicious. I also started with Paper Mario Thousand year Door. Never played the old Paper Mario for the Nintendo 64 but I enjoyed Thousand Year Door.

Just wish everyone else would appreciate Sticker Star more though
#19SpunkySixPosted 1/26/2013 7:16:57 PM
WizardofHoth posted...
I agree with Dillicious. I also started with Paper Mario Thousand year Door. Never played the old Paper Mario for the Nintendo 64 but I enjoyed Thousand Year Door.

Just wish everyone else would appreciate Sticker Star more though

The game is a cute diversion with plenty of good ideas, but there are things holding it back and it's hard to appreciate a less than optimal effort as if it were the best I've seen.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Goof Troop has the bloopinest bloop.
#20deaddaysPosted 1/29/2013 8:58:51 AM
I've played every Paper Mario game and am enjoying it more than the Wii version... and I loved that game.