What role should Bowser play in a future Paper Mario game?

#1wiiking96Posted 1/24/2013 2:19:30 PM
*topic title* - Results (91 votes)
One and only main villain
8.79% (8 votes)
Comedy relief
27.47% (25 votes)
Playable character(not an ally, like in BIS)
19.78% (18 votes)
Side villain/Rival
13.19% (12 votes)
Main villain along with another
10.99% (10 votes)
Pawn of another villain
6.59% (6 votes)
Playable character(ally, like in SPM)
8.79% (8 votes)
Non-playable ally
1.1% (1 votes)
No role
1.1% (1 votes)
Other - Please specify
2.2% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I personally want him to do something new this time. Him being one of two main antagonists could be pretty cool. The tension between the two would be great.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#2StephenYap3Posted 1/24/2013 2:23:34 PM
Playable character like BIS, but only during Chapter intermissions, plus all those intermissions must have both the free-roaming and 2D side scroller parts. Oh, and I want those to be playable at anytime after beating them.
---
I have trouble communicating with people :(
#3SlargTheGnomePosted 1/24/2013 6:22:22 PM
I voted for pawn, but I'd be okay with either that or side villain/rival. You should get to fight him at least once, but it'd be interesting if he were more consequential to the plot than in TTYD WITHOUT being the main villain.
---
I AM THE GREETEST! NOW I AM LEAVING EARTH FOR NO RAISIN!
#4JHH62Posted 1/24/2013 6:53:20 PM
Either a pawn or a side villain either one of those would be good
#5PalomBMPosted 1/24/2013 7:03:01 PM
Other: MAIN character!
#6SpunkySixPosted 1/24/2013 7:39:21 PM
I kind of like the idea of him being forced to work with somebody else. He's such an egomaniac that I can imagine him and whoever else he's with clashing hilariously. Can we say Paper Fawful maybe?

And it could be in a game where a bit of emphasis was on teamwork so that they could make an especially strong point about how working together is better than arguing without being all narmy about it. Theming can be an amazing tool if used properly.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
We're the good guys, not you!
#7Czar_YoshiPosted 1/24/2013 11:18:28 PM
I want to see a flipflop of BiS where Bowser thinks he's guiding Mario behind the scenes (probably trying to throw a hijacker out of his castle like in SMRPG), but somehow manages to do the brunt of the work (mostly because he doesn't want Mario to know what he's up to). Comedy relief, playable other main character, rival, and antihero all in one.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
#8SpunkySixPosted 1/25/2013 7:51:52 AM
Czar_Yoshi posted...
I want to see a flipflop of BiS where Bowser thinks he's guiding Mario behind the scenes (probably trying to throw a hijacker out of his castle like in SMRPG), but somehow manages to do the brunt of the work (mostly because he doesn't want Mario to know what he's up to). Comedy relief, playable other main character, rival, and antihero all in one.

2 good 2 happen have a medal.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Yo gonna have ta put in a little OVAHTIME, Chuckie!
#9TableFlipPosted 1/25/2013 8:22:48 AM
Derpy bowser from TTYD
---
I don't even know anymore.
#10PT_PiranhaPosted 1/25/2013 8:47:26 AM
Playable character(not an ally, like in BIS)

I voted for that. You could also say that's how his role in TTYD worked as well, with 'side villain' thrown in.
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."