I want to like this game

#41Sentinel07Posted 1/29/2013 11:42:57 AM
Getting back to the topic at hand.

I don't see the balance at all. The batlle system is hardly similar to the old games. I just got through the game finally, and I realized that in all honestly, there was very little humor in this game. Sure, there are some chuckle moments, but the constant paper puns get old after a while. The other Paper Mario games had me doubled over in laughter at times. This one, not so much.

One thing that made the original Paper Mario so great was that despite being a bare-bones Mario story, it still felt fresh and new. Sticker Star on the other hand is bare-bones in every sense of the word. The fact that Mario can't even jump or use a hammer without a sticker just sucks.
#42SpunkySixPosted 1/29/2013 5:49:22 PM
Sentinel07 posted...
Getting back to the topic at hand.

I don't see the balance at all. The batlle system is hardly similar to the old games. I just got through the game finally, and I realized that in all honestly, there was very little humor in this game. Sure, there are some chuckle moments, but the constant paper puns get old after a while. The other Paper Mario games had me doubled over in laughter at times. This one, not so much.

One thing that made the original Paper Mario so great was that despite being a bare-bones Mario story, it still felt fresh and new. Sticker Star on the other hand is bare-bones in every sense of the word. The fact that Mario can't even jump or use a hammer without a sticker just sucks.

Nearly all of the elements people generally wanted kept the same were changed, and nearly all of the elements people wanted more of were dropped or kept the same and watered down. The balance was way off.

They reversed which series needed changes more too... hint, it was NSMB, not PM. Thanks Ninty, love ya.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Oh, the food? Tasted like blood...