Why didn't this get a puzzles board like new super Mario bros 2 etc

#11FishyGoodness12Posted 1/27/2013 6:42:26 PM
Chaosmaster00 posted...
Oh, right, and this is an RPG how, again?

turn based battle system, it's a narrative.
---
Not changing this sig until Tohru Adachi is added in Playstation Allstars Battle Royale.
#12Chaosmaster00Posted 1/27/2013 6:49:04 PM
Turn-based battle systems are not what make a game an RPG. And just about any game of any genre can have a narrative; just because this one may have one doesn't make it an RPG either.
---
Unofficial Sage of The Denpa Men board (Awaiting the sequel: http://i48.tinypic.com/20gmued.jpg)
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | Apparently a PM:SS ''know-it-all''
#13Czar_YoshiPosted 1/27/2013 8:38:55 PM
FishyGoodness12 posted...
Chaosmaster00 posted...

First off, that is not what makes an RPG. However it's also beside the point as this is officially a "sticker battle adventure".
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
#14DeathSoul2000Posted 1/28/2013 2:59:06 AM
Chaosmaster00 posted...
Oh, and before you say "this board's header says Console-style RPG and therefore it must be right!", try looking at the Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (or any DS CV game) board, which is listed as a Action Platformer, when they should be RPG's, by what the definition of an RPG is.

Can't always count on Gamefaqs is what I'm basically trying to get at.

That's a platformer with rpg elemnts...Learn the difference.

This is an RPG with action platformer elements

so in other words they're the same thing.
#15AwasaiPosted 1/28/2013 3:16:33 AM
14 posts later, and only the first 3 seem to have understood that TC was referring to the spotpass puzzle swap diorama things on the 3DS.

But for the record, calling this an rpg or action game is an insult to either genre.
---
What is a Mega Man?
A miserable little pile of mega secrets!-JCvgluvr
#16FishyGoodness12Posted 1/28/2013 3:57:06 AM
Chaosmaster00 posted...
Turn-based battle systems are not what make a game an RPG. And just about any game of any genre can have a narrative; just because this one may have one doesn't make it an RPG either.

Since when has anything other than an rpg used turn based battle system then?
---
Not changing this sig until Tohru Adachi is added in Playstation Allstars Battle Royale.
#17SpoinkRulezzPosted 1/28/2013 6:51:18 AM(edited)
This game is more like an Action Adventure. Generally in RPGs, the convention is that you get stronger by battling (true for both JRPGs and WRPGs). Getting stronger in this game is, I believe, progression based, which is generally what happens in Action Adventure games as well (Zelda, Metroid, Batman Arkhams etc.). Turn-based battles do generally occur in JRPGs, so it does have this element, but you only battle for gold and items.

The current Castlevania games are also more akin to Action Adventure games: exploring a big area in which you need certain powers to progress to other parts, hacking at enemies and story events throughout. It has an RPG element with leveling up, but in this case it's not so major and the battling is more Action-oriŽnted. The early Castlevania games were platformers, as you played levels trying to overcome obstacles and reaching the end to get to the next level, unlike the "Metroidvanias".

Just my two cents. Sometimes games can have elements from multiple genres, you know. The overarching genre elements are what puts a game in a certain category.
#18RundazPosted 1/29/2013 11:58:32 AM
Chaosmaster00 posted...

.......Get out.
---
I've seen these guys and they're ugly as sin. Worst models ever!-Madworld
#19PT_PiranhaPosted 1/29/2013 1:41:30 PM
Awasai posted...
14 posts later, and only the first 3 seem to have understood that TC was referring to the spotpass puzzle swap diorama things on the 3DS.

But for the record, calling this an rpg or action game is an insult to either genre.

Good or bad, every game belongs to a genre.
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#20SoaringDivePosted 1/29/2013 2:09:02 PM
Chaosmaster00 posted...

Since when has anything other than an rpg used turn based battle system then?

Watch out guys, Skyrim is a first person shooter!
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive