Anyone else think that SPM has the best story of any Mario game?

#11Sentinel07Posted 1/29/2013 1:17:57 PM
Agreed. It surprised me that SPM had the compelling story it did. I'd say it's just above TTYD in terms of story.
#12SpunkySixPosted 1/29/2013 6:56:04 PM
The gameplay makes it hard to tell, and I loved every M+L and PM story up until then as well as SMRPG, but yeah, SPM probably did the best job at having a well written, thought out plot that actually mattered.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Oh, the food? Tasted like blood...
#13CakeOfLiesPosted 1/29/2013 6:59:54 PM
If not the best, then one of the best.
The story and music are the only things keeping me from selling that game.
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/11/wXLYp87DiE2C6xnGXLS7BA2.jpg
#14Cartwheel_KickPosted 1/29/2013 11:36:58 PM
SpunkySix posted...
The gameplay makes it hard to tell, and I loved every M+L and PM story up until then as well as SMRPG, but yeah, SPM probably did the best job at having a well written, thought out plot that actually mattered.

This is how I feel as well
---
You're going to die one day. You'll disappear completely, forever.
#15SlargTheGnomePosted 1/30/2013 1:08:34 AM
I cried at the end, that should tell ya something.
---
I AM THE GREETEST! NOW I AM LEAVING EARTH FOR NO RAISIN!
#16Big Bear is backPosted 2/2/2013 5:43:36 AM
SpunkySix posted...

If not the only plot that actually mattered. SPM's story is outstanding and well-told.
---
I agree with all the Big Bear, with the exception of banging dudes for fun. I only do it to assert my dominance. It's never fun. --- DroidKowolluh
#17KirbydamastaPosted 2/2/2013 10:24:48 AM
Honestly, I never thought any of the Paper Mario games had a great story. Mediocre, yeah, but great, no. What they have that makes them memorable is charm. Really, SS didn't remove story, it removed the charm of the series.
---
Graveyard stuffers.
#18Masuta-ZeanotoPosted 2/2/2013 11:12:54 AM
I concur; SPM had one of the best stories between all four installments.
#19StephenYap3Posted 2/2/2013 11:16:13 AM
I wouldn't say it was the best, but it is one of the better plots for a Mario game. I did like the depth of it, as well as the intriguing twists.
---
I have trouble communicating with people :(
#20BringerOfPiePosted 2/2/2013 9:11:51 PM
SPM is the only Mario game that I believe truly has a great story. It takes the typical game story cliches (end of the world, prophecies of heroes, 7 valuable trinkets, etc.) and spices them up thanks to some excellently written characters. So I think a lot of it has to do with the characters too.

Yes, the other Mario RPG's have detailed and inoffensive stories, but they're still pretty simple at heart. TTYD comes the closest, but I still feel TTYD is more about individual stories within each chapter than the whole grand story. And the M&L games have fun and lighthearted stories, but nothing deep.