Anyone else think that SPM has the best story of any Mario game?

#21Mudkip_in_SpacePosted 2/2/2013 9:19:42 PM
Yes. It had amazing stories and Francis.
---
Hamtaro for best anime!
#22McmadnessV3Posted 2/3/2013 5:32:15 AM
Its alright, but thats how I describe just about every single Mario story ever.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
#23SpunkySixPosted 2/3/2013 6:10:07 AM
Big Bear is back posted...
SpunkySix posted...
The gameplay makes it hard to tell, and I loved every M+L and PM story up until then as well as SMRPG, but yeah, SPM probably did the best job at having a well written, thought out plot that actually mattered.

If not the only plot that actually mattered. SPM's story is outstanding and well-told.

That's what I meant, sorry.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Sometimes we even manage to speak words.
#24sonofcasbahPosted 2/3/2013 8:12:21 AM
Yes. SPM had the best story, plot and dialogue out of all the Paper Mario games.
---
PSN: SonOfCasbah
W2 FC: 0218-8783-2025
#25SegavsCapcomPosted 2/3/2013 4:30:16 PM
Oh, by far.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#26LonelyGoombaPosted 2/3/2013 6:11:40 PM
I kinda disagree

well... the overall story arch is good, the individual chapter stories aren't.
the problem is, the story has nothing to do with Mario.. literally nothing. It's between Count Bleck and tipini (was that it?) it could be used for any game... with or without Mario.

so it's not a good Mario story at all... but it's a good story on its own I guess.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba
Please check out my YT channel, even if you hate it, thats fine.
#27SpunkySixPosted 2/3/2013 6:19:15 PM
LonelyGoomba posted...
I kinda disagree

the problem is, the story has nothing to do with Mario.. literally nothing. It's between Count Bleck and tipini (was that it?) it could be used for any game... with or without Mario.

so it's not a good Mario story at all... but it's a good story on its own I guess.

...what about the part where Mario and his friends do nearly everything in the game and save the world as an integral part of a prophecy? That could have been done without Mario?
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Sometimes we even manage to speak words.
#28LonelyGoombaPosted 2/3/2013 6:34:39 PM(edited)
SpunkySix posted...
LonelyGoomba posted...
I kinda disagree

...what about the part where Mario and his friends do nearly everything in the game and save the world as an integral part of a prophecy? That could have been done without Mario?

yes, it could have been any character and it wouldn't have made any difference., Mario is supposed to be the centre of the story. In SPM, its just a "hero of legend" how many games use that? It could have been a completely new character, called him a hero of prophecy or whatever and the plot wouldn't need a single rewrite. Mario is just a tag along. If they replaced Mario with a new IP, what different would it make.

Replace Mario in Paper Mario and it'll make no sense

that's just my opinion anyway, you don't have to agree with it :p
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba
Please check out my YT channel, even if you hate it, thats fine.
#29McmadnessV3Posted 2/4/2013 8:11:49 AM
LonelyGoomba posted...
I kinda disagree

Well lets be fair, its rather hard to write a story based around a character who is mute/talks in gibberish.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
#30Link484Posted 2/13/2013 7:28:39 PM
SPM had the best overall story, but TTYD had the best chapter stories. Especially 3 (Glitzville), 4 (the one with Doopliss), and 6 (the train one).
---
Black Friend code: 3138 6684 1752
Xbox Live Gamertag: Szabu991